Sign in to follow this  
dmachen2

Welker for Shonn Greene?

Ok, so I am in a 12 two non-ppr league, in a 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR form. I have Turner, Felix, Addai, and Helu at RB. Pretty loaded at WR with Roddy, Reggie WAyne, Welker, and Kenny Britt. I am 2-0 and have been offered Shonn and Early Doucet for Welker and Addai.

I think Shonn's best games are ahead of him and with the added depth at RB it would give me the flexibility to choose between 3RBs and 3WRs.

There are not many teams with quality RB depth. My only other option would be Cedric Benson.

Any thoughts?

seeing as it's non-ppr, i would pull the trigger on that. all your wr's are studs, and i with felix's injury, greene can help you out. giving up addai is good for you bc you have wayne already. go for it.

Thanks.. Its just really hard to find another back right now and it does nothing for me to have a good WR wasting away on the bench while having to start either Felix or Addai.

Thanks.. Its just really hard to find another back right now and it does nothing for me to have a good WR wasting away on the bench while having to start either Felix or Addai.

You've gotta be able to do better then Greene for Welker? I think Greene will improve but it won't make him a legit RB2, and with the Pats offense moving like it is, Welker is gonna be a top 15-20 WR for the season. The gap between Addai and Greene is much smaller than Early and Welker. I'd keep looking for something else. I might consider selling high on Britt (he's going to be good, but will he really be a top 5 WR this year? Odds are no, and you might be able to get that type of value for him) and trying to get a stud RB in return.

You've gotta be able to do better then Greene for Welker? I think Greene will improve but it won't make him a legit RB2, and with the Pats offense moving like it is, Welker is gonna be a top 15-20 WR for the season. The gap between Addai and Greene is much smaller than Early and Welker. I'd keep looking for something else. I might consider selling high on Britt (he's going to be good, but will he really be a top 5 WR this year? Odds are no, and you might be able to get that type of value for him) and trying to get a stud RB in return.

I think Britt will end up being better than Welker. Will get more downfield targets and more redzone targets.

The thing is, no one is going to come off of a stud RB in a 12 team league without a RB capable of starting. There aren't any teams in this league with RB depth.

I don't like Greene much but this is the one format where he might actually have some value.

I actually like Cedric Benson better here, he is under rated...because he is Cedric Benson but still. He is a legit #1RB where Greene is in a 50/50 time share at best and I don't watch much of the Jets but I think LT gets the goal line stuff simply because he knows how to catch a pass out of the backfield.

Welker loses value in a nonppr format and Addai is a waste of a roster spot, I have him on a couple teams and would love to swap him out for Green or Benson.

I would want Benson.