Sign in to follow this  
aaaa

My Murray/Blount for his McFadden?

Trade Murray/Blount for McFadden?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is McFadden worth it?

• Yes, do the deal! DMC Rules!
    • No, he's injured and too risky

So here's the deal. I'm in a 10 team, non-PPR, standard espn scoring league. I've been weak at RB all year, and a desperate McFadden owner has fortuitously dropped me an enticing trade offer. He will give me McFadden for DeMarco Murray/LaGarrette Blount. If this was a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have hesitated, but here is my predicament. With the regular season almost at it's week 13 end, is it smart to trade for an injured star like McFadden when there are doubts that he will be back by week 11, possibly week 12? His impact on my team would be minisculeif I should miss the playoffs, which is a distinct possibility.

So to condense my inquiry into a few questions, should I trade Murray/Blount for McFadden? Is it too risky at this time of year? How does the trade hold up if you compare players' schedules from week 10-13?

And there's another level of intrigue to this question. Though my league is not a cash league, the stakes are very high. The lowest two point scorers on the season are kicked out of the league, while the top two scorers of a "lower" league get promoted next year. This has resulted in a very balanced, cut-throat league, and there is currently a way tie for first that I am a part of. I am 7th in total points scored, though the difference between 5th-9th is about 35 points. The McFadden owner is in 9th place points-wise, is it bad strategy to trade with someone who is chasing me in the points scored column?

Obviously it will help to know who is on my roster. I've been weak at RB all year until my backfield exploded last week. Here's mine:

QB Michael Vick, Phi

RB Willis McGahee, Den RB

RB DeMarco Murray, Dal

RB/WR Michael Bush, Oak

WR Dez Bryant, Dal

WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD

D/ST Falcons D/ST

K John Kasay, NO

Bench Torrey Smith, Bal WR

Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB

Bench LeGarrette Blount, TB