Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alimony Tony

Grade the team (Gustapo Joe's team)

Guest Alimony Tony

Qb - B Favre, GB; K Collins, NYG; C Weinke, Car; R Lucas, Mia

Rb - S Davis, Was; E Smith, Dal; M Alstott, Bucs; R Huntley, Car; C Faumatu, Pit; O Ayanbedejo, Bal; J Avery, Dal

Wr - I Bruce, STL; C Carter, Min; A Hakim, STL; W Jackson, NO; S Sharpe, Bal; J McKnight, Dal; K Lockett, Was; Char Johnson, NE; R Williams, Oak

K - D Akers, Phi; K Brown, Pit

D/ST - Dolphins; Chiefs

Guest Call me...Tim!

This may be the best team out there. It's odd too, because there's no one on this roster that really excites me. At the same time I don't want to play against this team every week:

Farve (I know he's washed up, but he did throw for over 3800 yards and 20 TDs last year!!!)

Davis (borderline, if not outright stud), Smith (old, but he'll get his 1000 yards and 10 TDs), Alstott (a fine #3 notwithstanding last seasons troubles - he's still the A-Train and he'll continue to get the goalline carries)

Bruce and Carter (no explanations necessary)

That could be some seriosuly solid production. Nothing to super sexy, but solid, dependabale workhorses.

A...he could win it all.

Guest torridjoe

TJs teams are always Silent Assassins...

(thanks for the nice review, CMT).

Guest pingpong

Favre and Collins are not stars at QB. If they crack the top 10, consider it a bonus. If one has a great year, this may be the team to beat, but I'm not confident that either will step up to the extent that they are needed.

RB - The NFC East does have some terrible teams, so there could be huge weeks for Davis and Emmitt. In a performance league, a goalline fullback is not nearly as valuable. If Alstott is forced to watch Dunn most of the game, he is not worth much in this league.

WR - Solid top 2 should outscore most other teams top 2 on a consistent basis. Will it be enough to make up the scoring of the 5th WR/RB?

Grade B. I'm not sure that the good WRs will have enough to make up for the weak #5 guy as well as a weak QB. Somebody needs to step up, or this is a mediocre team when the dust settles.

Guest Ditkanate
Originally posted by torridjoe:

TJs teams are always Silent Assassins...

And in the case of his 7th place BOSMOSPOF team.... VERY silent.

biggrin.gif

Guest torridjoe
Originally posted by Ditkanate:

And in the case of his 7th place BOSMOSPOF team.... VERY silent.

biggrin.gif

I meant football. The BOSMOSPOF was my first-ever baseball draft.

Guest torridjoe
Originally posted by pingpong:

Favre and Collins are not stars at QB. If they crack the top 10, consider it a bonus.

Your assessment is fair, so I'm not going to argue the opinion. But I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH QBs finish in the top 10. New York has a really easy schedule, offensively speaking.

Guest RyanM

Your assessment is fair, so I'm not going to argue the opinion. But I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH QBs finish in the top 10. New York has a really easy schedule, offensively speaking.

The key with Favre is whether he presses or not. He put his team in a position to win a lot of games last year, but also took them out of that position just as quickly with picks. I had him as a QB and started him wayyyyy too much, which was VERY frustrating!

The key with Collins is if his receivers can get open down field. The Giants punched it in far too much last year, either with Barber (or attempts, anyway) with Dayne. Again, I speak of this from my experience as a Collins owner. He didn't really lose any games for me, but didn't win any either.

Guest pingpong

I may be in the minority, but I actually like Collins more than Favre this year. Favre still plays like he did 5 years ago, but his tools are not the same. As Ryan said, he tries to do too much, and it costs him.

Collins is an unspectacular star, and if he plays within himself, could be very productive.