Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alimony Tony

Round 1 comments

Guest Alimony Tony

Place your smartass remarks in this thread.

Guest Ditkanate

pretend as if this post is a smartass remark that is totally t¡ts

Guest Call me...Tim!

Hey Mookie, I like your pick. That's gutsy!

Guest Mookie Wilson

Mookie is brilliant! We are witness to dynastic history in the making! Only SC will be spared and she will be Mookie's queen! The rest of you will be made to wear jester's hats and play tambourines! Except for Call Me...Trichinosis! He will be made to test Mookie's food lest one of you try topoison the King! And sorryjoe, who will be made to listen to G.Gordon Liddy marathons so that his tortured, whiny squeals might entertain Mookie and his queen!

God bless fantasy football!

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by Call me...Tim!:

Hey Mookie, I like your pick. That's gutsy!

In all sincerity, thanks, Tim. It came down to one factor and one factor only for me: age. If Scorp had given me #2, I'd have gone to Faulk with that, of course. But between the two, I had to go with Edge in a keeper.

Guest Ditkanate
Originally posted by Mookie Wilson:

The rest of you will be made to wear jester's hats and play tambourines!

How is that punishment, that's what i do on the weekends already! biggrin.gif

Guest torridjoe

In all sincerity, thanks, Tim. It came down to one factor and one factor only for me: age. If Scorp had given me #2, I'd have gone to Faulk with that, of course. But between the two, I had to go with Edge in a keeper.

BY the way, Mook--I apologize for impugning your prowess regarding the #1 pick. I forgot it was dynasty, and Faulk's age/wear is a significant consideration.

Now, as for dumping your draft to have 1.1 and 1.6...

Guest Call me...Tim!

I was being sarcastic you blithering fool!!! mad.gif Of course you'd take Edge b/c of his age!!!

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by torridjoe:

BY the way, Mook--I apologize for impugning your prowess regarding the #1 pick. I forgot it was dynasty, and Faulk's age/wear is a significant consideration.

No probs, tj.

Now, as for dumping your draft to have 1.1 and 1.6...

I look at it this way: This is my 'fun' league. If this were a money league, there's no way I do either of the deals I've made. But this way, I figure I get to play Mad Scientist Mookie. If I bomb, all that's at stake is constant ridicule. And what the heck, on this site that's an everyday occurence. biggrin.gif

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by Call me...Tim!:

I was being sarcastic you blithering fool!!! mad.gif Of course you'd take Edge b/c of his age!!!

And I was being facetious you lisper of loquacious lunacy! mad.gif Of course I wouldn't expect a sincere compliment from you!!!

Guest Call me...Tim!

Well since Scorp has picked, now I can say: I don't know? Faulk? Isn't he 47? A little trouble with the hips? How long can an RB last? Even a tough one?

Guest torridjoe

More about CMT's lame pick, less about Scorp's, eh?

Guest Mookie Wilson

Actually, I think Faulk is still a fairly safe pick at #2. His running style is such that he rarely gets crushed, so I think he's good for at least another 2-3 years of high productivity. And he still has the potential to score another 25 TDs this year, which I don't think you can say about anyone else.

Guest Jwood

I was gonna take Edge with #1 without a second thought. I have a bad feeling about Faulk this year. I think he's gonna wear down a little. But, I'm probably wrong.

Guest Call me...Tim!

I wish I had the guts to take Taylor, he's incredible when he plays. But I'm conservative by nature. I have my dynasty QB at least. This pick of course, may cause me to be more WR focused...considering who will be around at RB by pick 22.

Guest Scorpion

Nice pick at #1 Mookie. I was hoping you'd go for insta points in Faulk. I couldn't turn him down at #2.

Guest RyanM

Please let Jake Delhomme drop to 11 . . . Please let Jake Delhomme drop to 11 . . . Please let Jake Delhomme drop to 11 . . . Please . . .

Guest Call me...Tim!

AHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I can't believe you took Taylor. Man that guys always hurt!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Seriously AT, I don't even believe that foks are "injury prone." I hope I'm not regretting passing on Taylor, but I may well be. He is a phenomenal runner, even when his OL is not playing well.

Guest Scorpion

I would probably have taken Taylor there as well.

Guest torridjoe
Originally posted by Scorpion:

I would probably have taken Taylor there as well.

I don't think I'd take him until the 2nd round. He'd be a great swing pick for the comebacker, though...

Guest RK

No way Taylor makes it to the second round. I would have passed on him just because I can't handle known injury risks. The guy's just a wuss if he's not 110%. But when he is - look out.

Guest torridjoe
Originally posted by RK:

No way Taylor makes it to the second round. I would have passed on him just because I can't handle known injury risks. The guy's just a wuss if he's not 110%. But when he is - look out.

Well yeah, I know he'd never MAKE it to the 2nd round, but that's the first time I'd consider him if he were there. My sense is that your first rounder has to be money in the bank. Taylor isn't it. He's like a junk bond.

Guest Scorpion

I see we have all the steam we can get out of a turnip!

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by Scorpion:

Nice pick at #1 Mookie. I was hoping you'd go for insta points in Faulk. I couldn't turn him down at #2.

Thanks, Scorp. I still think Faulk is solid at #2. I don't think he's going to drop off as much as a lot of people are predicting. As I say, it all came down to age. I think Edge gives me three more years than Faulk.

Guest Scorpion

Yeah, I would have wondered a BIT about you. I almost took a leap and went for Lewis at #2, but sorry, can't I see the Rams challenging Tampa this year. I think that offense rolls again.

Come on down... Smitty!

Thanks, Scorp. I still think Faulk is solid at #2. I don't think he's going to drop off as much as a lot of people are predicting. As I say, it all came down to age. I think Edge gives me three more years than Faulk.

Guest Mookie Wilson

Ricky Williams at #10 with Warner and Harrison still on the board. Interesting.

Guest Call me...Tim!

I'm a believer in Ricky, but the Saints draft makes me wonder if they know something we don't.

BTW: For 2 glorious weeks last year, I started Edge, Taylor and Williams on the same FF team!! (I also had J Lewis on the bench...too bad my best WR was Joe Horn!).

Guest Alimony Tony

Leave him alone please. It took him that long to make a pick. You'll really have him thinking on his next pick.

Guest Jwood

I know. That's one of the reasons I took so long. I came THIS close to taking Harrison, but I figured there are a ton of receivers out there and not very many "elite" RBs left.

Guest Mookie Wilson

Williams is the kind of guy that can pay off in a big way. But what worries me about Williams' prospects more than anything is the prospect of Brooks winning the starting QB job. I have these visions of Williams gaining 60 yards on an 80 yard drive only to have Brooks roll out and taking it in from the two.

Guest Smitty
Originally posted by Jwood:

but I figured there are a ton of receivers out there and not very many "elite" RBs left.

So why didn't you get one of the elite RB's than??? LOL!!!

Guest Alimony Tony

So I guess you have no worries of the Duece, Mr. Jwookiescoob?

Guest Ditkanate

What the hell does ESPN2 have to do with any of this? confused.gif

Guest torridjoe

I'm a little surprised that no one has seen fit to comment on the surprise of the draft so far...Ricky Williams as an RB is a plausible choice over Harrison and Warner, based on scarcity, and making him the 7th RB taken is reasonable, but Stephen Davis as the 3rd RB taken? I haven't seen that in a mock yet this year.

Guest Mookie Wilson

I'll posit it this way, tj: Who would have made an appropraite choice as the third back? Taylor presents injury concerns. Eddie George is a horse, but he's not head and shoulders above Davis in terms of production. You know what you'll get with Davis. The only question is when to start him. wink.gif

Guest Ditkanate

I am surprised by both of those developments but just haven't said anything.

confused.gif <----- surprised face

Guest torridjoe

I'll posit it this way, tj: Who would have made an appropraite choice as the third back? Taylor presents injury concerns. Eddie George is a horse, but he's not head and shoulders above Davis in terms of production. You know what you'll get with Davis. The only question is when to start him. wink.gif

See, that's exactly the way I view it. 1st rounders are for safe picks. Lose your #1 and you're toast, generally. Now, of course no pick is a totally safe pick--anything can happen, and there is some question about Davis in a new system, I suppose--but compared to Taylor and George, he's a low risk high upside selection.

I mean, I wasn't begging for someone to call me an idiot, but if others see it like Mookie and I, why isn't Davis going at 3 (or perhaps 4 behind Jamal Lewis) instead of 5 or 6 in every mock I've seen so far?

PS--whoever said 1.03 to 1.09 are hell picks this year, is right.

[This message has been edited by torridjoe (edited 07-09-2001).]