Sign in to follow this  
Guest Call me...Tim!

#3 pick not for trade...

Guest Call me...Tim!

I can't make up my mind, but I'm still gonna keep it...

Guest Alimony Tony

You sure about that? Mookie told me that if Scorp doesn't trade him his #2 then he was gonna offer all his remaining picks to you for #3. wink.gif

Guest Ditkanate

Serious question... does Jwood just lose his last two rounds under the current scenario? If he keeps them then he'll have more than 24 players which is illegal. So he just sits out the last 2 rounds and mookie fills in his last two roster spots via free agency after the draft??

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by Alimony Tony:

You sure about that?  Mookie told me that if Scorp doesn't trade him his #2 then he was gonna offer all his remaining picks to you for #3.  wink.gif

Nah, I can't wait to see him screw this pick up. biggrin.gif

Guest Jwood
Originally posted by Ditkanate:

Serious question... does Jwood just lose his last two rounds under the current scenario?  If he keeps them then he'll have more than 24 players which is illegal.  So he just sits out the last 2 rounds and mookie fills in his last two roster spots via free agency after the draft??

I would assume that I keep drafting and after the draft, I would have to drop 2 players to stay in compliance with the 24 man roster.

Guest Call me...Tim!
Originally posted by Mookie Wilson:

Nah, I can't wait to see him screw this pick up.    biggrin.gif

You laugh, but that's a hard pick. In a redraft league, it's a no-brainer. But here? It's a little tricky.

Guest Mookie Wilson
Originally posted by Call me...Tim!:

You laugh, but that's a hard pick.  In a redraft league, it's a no-brainer.  But here?  It's a little tricky.

Indeed it is. Which is why I didn't make my offer to you. 1.02 is a cinch. 1.03 through 1.05 is where the toughest calls have to be made. 1.06 still nets me an elite player, but a lot of the variables are taken out by the selections made ahead of me.

Just purely hypothetical, if I'm drafting at 1.03 (without a preceding pick), I go with Culpepper.

Guest Call me...Tim!

Just purely hypothetical, if I'm drafting at 1.03 (without a preceding pick), I go with Culpepper.

I thought about it. It was either DC, PM, or Taylor for me. I've had fred on my teams for the past two years...when he's on the field, he's on fire - I just want more certainty from my #1 pick...

DC worries me a little with a revamped OL and a rookie RB.

Guest RK

Is Tony allowed to hold up the draft? Nevermind that it hasn't technically started yet, that's just a minor techinicality.

edit.....just in the nick of time!

[This message has been edited by RK (edited 07-06-2001).]

Guest Mookie Wilson

I thought about it.  It was either DC, PM, or Taylor for me.  I've had fred on my teams for the past two years...when he's on the field, he's on fire - I just want more certainty from my #1 pick...

DC worries me a little with a revamped OL and a rookie RB.

Manning is certainly not a bad pick at 3. The only reasons I go with Culpepper over Manning are that DC has two stud recievers to throw to and his size. The guy is a monster. I can tout him all I want now, since he's mine. wink.gif

Guest Call me...Tim!

Manning is certainly not a bad pick at 3.  The only reasons I go with Culpepper over Manning are that DC has two stud recievers to throw to and his size.  The guy is a monster.  I can tout him all I want now, since he's mine.    wink.gif

You have to be a little worried about:

1. Replacements to OL

2. Lack of proven RB

3. Now (unlike last year) everyone knows that he is a threat.

Nice pick though...I thought about him for a while. For some reason, i thought you had traded for the 9th pick as well. I was all ready to quit if you took Randy Moss!

Guest Mookie Wilson

You have to be a little worried about:

1.  Replacements to OL

2.  Lack of proven RB

3.  Now (unlike last year) everyone knows that he is a threat.

Oh, no question I have some concerns, especially the ones you mentioned above. But I have concerns about everyone else as well (i.e Taylor and his health). What I really like is that Dennis Green will ride the Culpepper horse come heck or high water, because the better Culpepper looks, the better Green looks.