Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Rule Proposal #12 - Competitive game rule

- No players that are on bye can be submitted in a lineup.

- If a player on bye is started, the lineup will be changed to remove these players and insert suitable replacements from the bench. The replacement will be the player with the highest overall points at that position that is listed as PROBABLE or better.

- In the case of a defense, kicker, or TE - if there isn't a non bye replacement on the roster, the lowest ranked player at that position will be dropped and the highest ranked player on the waiver wire that is listed PROBABLE or better that week will be picked up. Overall ranking will be used, PPG will not be considered.

- If the team has a player that is eligible for IR at any position and open IR slots, IR'ing will be used to make the open spot instead of a drop.

- If a drop/pickup/IR move is necessary, it is a permanent change to the roster, it will not be for only a single week. If the owner wants to reacquire a dropped player it is their responsibility to do so within the context of the waiver system.

- These changes will be made at kickoff each week. If the commish is unavailable to make these changes at kickoff, they can be made retroactively.

Violations of this rule will result in a warning. More severe penalties may be imposed in the future if there are chronic violators of this rule.

No players that are on bye or are listed as OUT for the week can be submitted in a lineup unless the injury/reason for the player being listed as OUT occured after the last waiver period had closed.

So, if an owner is truly minding their lineup, and their PK is rules OUT on Saturday due to a previously unknown condition, couldn't said owner benefit from this rule, if he provided an article which indicates the injury may have happened two weeks earlier?

You're right - this is something that really will be difficult to manage and it's probably going to be tough to nail something down like this in black and white. Say someone robs 7-11 and is caught Friday morning - you're busy, you can't find out about it. Waiver window passes by the time you find out and you're stuck. Were you really not paying attention to your team in this instance? What if it happened Tuesday and you missed the waiver window twice - does that mean you aren't paying attention?

Perhaps I should just stick to bye weeks only, which there's really no reason to mismanage.

Thoughts?

Perhaps I should just stick to bye weeks only, which there's really no reason to mismanage.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I like that idea.

Any other owner behavior which you deem as negligent, you should just boot the owner out of the league via judicial fiat. :wub:

Topes has raised some interesting points in an email, I am going to have to reword some of this when I get the chance. For now, this topic is closed, I will try and get this going ASAP.

This is going to be too complicated, so I'm going to hold off on making a rule.

Just remember...I'm watching you!@!#! :rolleyes: