Sign in to follow this  
Scatterjack

The wisdom of the picks from the scatterzone...

Picks 1-7 went pretty much as everyone expected. We all knew the top 4 RBs would go but I am a bit surprised Ronnie went #1. I thought the emergence of Ricky would hurt Ronnie’s value. More on that later. I think the best value of the quartet was Benson at 1.04, especially considering who drafted him. Now the Borg has the BC to complete the RBBC in Chitown (pronounced Shytown, pun intended). Freeze made a solid deal to move up and then made a questionable pick. Shelton could possibly be third on the depth chart this season, and stuck behind DeShaun for seasons to come. Maybe since Freeze already locked up a top rookie RB he felt he could gamble but I feel that WR Clayton would have fit his squad better here. Frank Gore was also a questionable pick IMO. A backup RB on a bad team who will be starting a rookie QB? Hopefully SF is putting together something good and this will pay off for Blitzen. I just think he could have got much better value by going another direction. Clayton going to Borg next was a no brainer. Anything else would have been not good. At this point in time the next best player on the board was Bennett and Red October snatched him up as he should have. Bennett will fit nicely on this team as a great option at RB3. The Dark Side finished up the opening round with what I consider I very nice reach for Mo. If anyone else would have drafted him I would have scorned, but this gives the Dark Side the ability to react on whims of Shanny and start any RB they decide is the flava of the week in Denver. Best pick was Clayton at 1.10.

I think Gore will make Barlow :doublethumbsup:

Grant it, it's not a great team but if he starts, he'll still be valuable. For some strange reason I think SF might surprise people by not totally sucking this year.