Sign in to follow this  
Pigskin Fanatic

Keeper Leagues & Rookie Players

Hi Mike,

I noticed, from trying out the compiler & buddy, that your projections are for this year and thus really don't take into account rookie players for keeper leagues. In one of my keeper leagues, teams can keep up to 17 players. When I input all of the keepers & buddy updates, when I go to the cheatsheets, I see hardly any rookie players in your rankings. Thus it is hard to determine what rookie players should be drafted and in what order. Granted most rookies this year, will not contribute much if at all this coming season, but they will all get drafted in this year's draft, especially with basically rookie players available. Is there a way to compare incoming rookie players with the veteran free agents still available for our draft, using the compiler & buddy system? I want to be able to compare which player would be a better selection (i.e. Matt Hasslebeck or Leftwich or Boller) for keeper teams. Or say the selection of WR: R. Wayne versus rookie RB's: C. Brown, O. Smith & J. Fargas.

It appears that compiler & buddy are excellent for "Throwback" or redraft leagues or keeper leagues that keep 2-3 players max. Unless I'm missing something, it lacks the comparisions between veteran vs rookie players for dynasty leagues. Your thoughts?

Pigskin Fanatic