Sign in to follow this  
DomChamp

Will rattay ever see the field again?

anyone think he will start after this week? if simms cant do it against san fran, then you gotta believe rattay will be in there next week.

Simms is so good that first he lost the starting job that was handed to him to Brian Griese, then, when Griese goes down, they sign Rattay... cause we all know what a All-Pro QB Rattay is...

ok. kidding aside. Didn't Simms suck as a starting QB when he was first given the nod? but i think he actually lost the job due to an injury (can't really remember cause i didn't care at the time) and then Griese just started playing well.

Gruden has a history of picking up a QB and turning them into something no one else could, but i'm wondering if this couldn't be more of a case of Shanahan/Clarett than it is of Gruden/Gannon...

either way, Gruden recognized they had a need for a decent backup QB at worse. And they had an opportunity to get Rattay - who does have starting experience and is used to taking a beating - so why not pull the trigger. They got some good, young talent on their offense. Gruden wasn't going to sit by and have the whole season go to waste if Simms sucked, or got hurt - like the NYJ...

He's being cautious. But w/ that said. The way i see it is that Simms has the starting job for at least a few more weeks unless he truly sh!ts the bed. It will take time for Rattay to learn the offense and the players around him.

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

Rattay will see the field if Simms puts the Bucs in a position where they may miss the play-offs! Mark my words, it wil happen!