Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Jerry Porter team by team analysis 1/2 way through!

Ok boys, I know a lot of you have a sensitive vagina and might :first: with what I'm about to reveal to you. Don't get mad, it's just an early Jocstrap team ranking. 12th is the worst and 1st is the best. I have really enjoyed my first June draft, and hope we are this competitive during the season. So here it is....Jocstrap's mid-point team rankings. Drum roll please.......

12th - Grateful Parrot - this team plain out sucks - sorry

11th - Yippie Skippy - not 1 stud - a team of average players

10th - Howie 929 - 1st two picks rocked and then you totally sucked - no playoffs for you!

9th - Da Bears - slow rb's, Holt yes, just too many iff's on this team - losing record in your future!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO PLAYOFFS FOR THE ABOVE LIST! NOW TO THE REAL CONTENDERS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8TH - My Dixie WKND - some great/good players, I see good wins but bad losses

7th - Solo - T.O., Brown, Gates, ....... then what? serious drop off

6th - the Ellisonb11 - rb #1 yes but the rest nah, excellent on wr's, qb's I like - maybe a playoff run

5th - Clash - only Manning scares me, ward/barber very solid, who's your #2 rb?? solid team though

4th - Ace - I like rb #1and #2 but gore as your 3rd? Wr's very nice! Qb's concern me, possible playoffs

3rd - Unwashed Masses - Portis and C.J yes, Green to Gonzalez yes, nice depth, solid team here

2nd - Jocstrap - GOOD OL' FASHION DEEP, SCARY, SOLID TEAM - you think I'd vote against myself? Ha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE ARE ALL CHASING...............................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 - Server Menace has put together the team to beat!

and there you have it boys! I hope you enjoy the list and don't take it to heart if you're not #1. This is our hobby you know! THIS IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!

Ok boys, I know a lot of you have a sensitive vagina and might :ninja: with what I'm about to reveal to you. Don't get mad, it's just an early Jocstrap team ranking. 12th is the worst and 1st is the best. I have really enjoyed my first June draft, and hope we are this competitive during the season. So here it is....Jocstrap's mid-point team rankings. Drum roll please.......

12th - Grateful Parrot - this team plain out sucks - sorry

11th - Yippie Skippy - not 1 stud - a team of average players

10th - Howie 929 - 1st two picks rocked and then you totally sucked - no playoffs for you!

9th - Da Bears - slow rb's, Holt yes, just too many iff's on this team - losing record in your future!

NO PLAYOFFS FOR THE ABOVE LIST! NOW TO THE REAL CONTENDERS!

8TH - My Dixie WKND - some great/good players, I see good wins but bad losses

7th - Solo - T.O., Brown, Gates, ....... then what? serious drop off

6th - the Ellisonb11 - rb #1 yes but the rest nah, excellent on wr's, qb's I like - maybe a playoff run

5th - Clash - only Manning scares me, ward/barber very solid, who's your #2 rb?? solid team though

4th - Ace - I like rb #1and #2 but gore as your 3rd? Wr's very nice! Qb's concern me, possible playoffs

3rd - Unwashed Masses - Portis and C.J yes, Green to Gonzalez yes, nice depth, solid team here

2nd - Jocstrap - GOOD OL' FASHION DEEP, SCARY, SOLID TEAM - you think I'd vote against myself? Ha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE ARE ALL CHASING...............................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 - Server Menace has put together the team to beat!

and there you have it boys! I hope you enjoy the list and don't take it to heart if you're not #1. This is our hobby you know! THIS IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!

I'm sure we are all happy with our teams at this stage...well except Sweetness who is euphoric.

Appreciate you not throwing my team in the crapper out of the gate considering the extreme love/hate reaction from my first two picks. I like my team better with Westy, Reuben, Fitz & Wayne over what others insinuated I should have ... Rudi, Willis, Wayne and bleh? Me likes the explosive team chemistry. Drafting from the 10 hole, I like going for players with high upside. I also felt it important to grab one of the top 3 WR here since my team should already be in a hole with the RB tier off. Can't afford to play catchup at WR and RB.

Small note: I'm a bit surprised so many here are down on Laveranues. He's a virtual lock for bottom 2nd/top 3rd WR. The Jets aren't a TD factory by any stretch, but he will get buckets of catches, decent yards and a healthy % of red zone targets. He doesn't strike fear in anyone, but you need those McCaffrey types to log some solid production too.

Nice drafting overall everyone. :cheers:

Small note: I'm a bit surprised so many here are down on Laveranues. He's a top 3rd WR. The Jets aren't a TD factory by any stretch, but he will get buckets of catches and a healthy % of red zone targets. He doesn't strike fear in anyone, but you need those McCaffrey types to log some solid production too.

Nice drafting overall everyone. :cheers:

I'm not down on Coles at all - I am down on the crappy team around him. And if a certain noodle armed walking injury is really going to be at the helm, doubly so.

Oh, and a decent stab at the rankings. Surprised I ranked so highly in your esteemed wisdom. I also was surprised that you were so intelligent and charming...I never knew until I saw your rankings. :ninja:

God, Joc is that the best youve got? After that bushleague attempt at 'ranking' teams, Im gonna have to drop your team even lower.......from 10th to 11th. Youve got one player Im afraid of, and thereafter Im kindof yawning. Larry Johnson is an obvious no brainer that even my dentist would have known about, but I mean you wasted your 2nd and 3rd picks on Chester Taylor and Deshaun Foster........and then didnt bother drafting the other members of those teams' committees. ......how on earth can the rest of us be judged by someone who knows so little? Who's your #1 WR again in this start 3WR league??.....thats what I thought?....you dont have one. hate to break it to you young fella, but your team will probably end up getting crushed by the squad youve listed 12th. Im waiting for one of you smarter guys to critique these squads.

Im waiting for one of you smarter guys to critique these squads.

Not that I'm smarter than anyone, but when I get a chance later tonight I might take a shot at it.

Not that I'm smarter than anyone, but when I get a chance later tonight I might take a shot at it.

later today ill rank these teams...should i just post my own rankings here on this topic?

God, Joc is that the best youve got? After that bushleague attempt at 'ranking' teams, Im gonna have to drop your team even lower.......from 10th to 11th. Youve got one player Im afraid of, and thereafter Im kindof yawning. Larry Johnson is an obvious no brainer that even my dentist would have known about, but I mean you wasted your 2nd and 3rd picks on Chester Taylor and Deshaun Foster........and then didnt bother drafting the other members of those teams' committees. ......how on earth can the rest of us be judged by someone who knows so little? Who's your #1 WR again in this start 3WR league??.....thats what I thought?....you dont have one. hate to break it to you young fella, but your team will probably end up getting crushed by the squad youve listed 12th. Im waiting for one of you smarter guys to critique these squads.

:bandana: - - Hey solo this was for fun, don't get so defensive. I checked out a few other 12 team drafts looking at the #1 hole, and none of them impress me. All the great wr's are gone, along with most of the decent rb's. I like Chester Taylor and especially Deshaun Foster. Who is going to get Stephen Davis's 12 td's from last year? That is why I went with Foster. No my wr's aren't great but they could be good enough to make a trip to the playoffs though.

Obviously I wouldn't have made this post if I couldn't handle a little feedback. It sure is fun however!

Small note: I'm a bit surprised so many here are down on Laveranues.

I wasn't down on him at all. He was drafted before I could get him.

:D - - Hey solo this was for fun, don't get so defensive. I checked out a few other 12 team drafts looking at the #1 hole, and none of them impress me. All the great wr's are gone, along with most of the decent rb's. I like Chester Taylor and especially Deshaun Foster. Who is going to get Stephen Davis's 12 td's from last year? That is why I went with Foster. No my wr's aren't great but they could be good enough to make a trip to the playoffs though.

Obviously I wouldn't have made this post if I couldn't handle a little feedback. It sure is fun however!

Youve got Galloway as a lead guy....a 35 year old with an injury history who had a career year.......youre in panic mode with your WRs to be certain, even if you dont know it yet.......... :lol:..........but hey, youve got some real nice depth at the RB4-6 spots........and for the record, I dont really play D........i just go on the offensive when the time is right. I dont like to tell people how bad their teams are until it seems appropriate.............. :wacko:

Joc...please don't take this personally....

But there's no way you've got the second best team in the league bro. You have EASILY the worst wide receiving corp in the entire league. There are teams in this league with #4 WR's better than you're #1. Also...your QB situation....dicey as best. Warner is old and playing behind a crappy line and hasn't been able to stay healthy for an entire season for a couple years now. Also...if you think the CArdinals aren't going to play the Golden Boy at some point in the season you're nuts. Warner may not even keep his job after the bye week. You have no #2 QB...and what's left at this point is absolute crap (relatively speaking).....especially considering you're in a league that gives 6 points for passing TD's. You're REALLY gonna be hurting here.

Obviously I love LJ and I think he's going to be CLEARLY the #1 RB this season.....but Foster without the handcuff (Williams) is a wasted 3rd round pick since the next season that Foster manages to stay healthy for a majority of it will be his first time doing so. I like Taylor....but there's no guarantees there either. You did manage to make a nice pick late with Brandon Jacobs...who I think is going to steal more carries from Tiki this year. And heck....Tiki isn't exactly a "spring chicken" and hasn't gotten hurt in a while now.....I don't want to say he's "due" to get hurt...but I have a good feeling about Jacobs. You totally stole that pick from me in that round. :argue:

I'm not saying my team is better than anyones or I should be ranked higher/lower...I'm just jumping in with an honest opinion and I hope you take it as such. It's always tough to rate your own team objectively which is why I never do it in my end-of-draft analysis...I'd rather hear what my peers have to say and let them do the ranking of my team. I haven't had time to do a team-by-team anaylsis but I wll before the end of the draft.

Wow...worst team huh? I doubt that I will be last. Based on the 2005 averages of our players (Parrots and Jocs), if we played today I would have won by 6 pts. If I'm wrong on my math, please let me know, because this is my first time in a PPR league. I also rounded both up on both teams.

QB

Eli Warner

pass yds 235/25=9 272/25=11

pass tds 2*6=12 1*6=6

int 1*-2=-2 1*-2=-2

QB Total 19 15

RB

R.Johson J.Jones L.Johnson C.Taylor

rush yds 91/10=9 76/10=8 109/10=11 32/10=3

rush td 1*6=6 1*6=6 1*6=6 0*6=0

rec 1*1=1 3*1=3 2*1=2 3*1=3

rec yds 0/10=0 17/10=2 21/10=2 19/10=2

rec tds 0*6=0 0*6=0 0*6=0 0*6=0

RB Total 16 19 21 8

WR

DJax E.Kennison D.Given Galloway TJ.Housh D.Stallworth

rec 6*1=6 4*1=4 5*1=5 5*1=5 6*1=6 4*1=4

rec yds 80/10=8 69/10=7 57/10=6 80/10=8 68/10=7 59/10=6

rec tds 1*6=6 0*6=0 0*6=0 1*6=6 1*6=6 0*6=0

Wr Total 20 11 11 19 19 10

TE

Crumpler McMicheal

rec 4*1=4 4*1=4

rec yds 55/10=6 36/10=4

rec tds 0*6=0 0*6=0

TE Total 10 8

Totals

Parrots 106

Joc 100

Even if my math is off....seems like I stack up pretty good against the number 2 team in your rankings. That's all I can hope for is to be competitive.

Of course this doesn't count upsides or injuries.

:bandana: - Of course my team is not the 2nd best. I just voted for myself.

Why doesn't anyone like my Galloway pick? He had 83 catches for 1287 yards and 10td's? That's not a bad pick for the 4th round.

:pointstosky: - Of course my team is not the 2nd best. I just voted for myself.

Why doesn't anyone like my Galloway pick? He had 83 catches for 1287 yards and 10td's? That's not a bad pick for the 4th round.

I can't speak for everyone....but to me he has fluke written all over him. He may still get 900-1000 yards but I don't think he'll approach 10 TD's...or anything close to it for that matter.

But who knows...maybe he's one of the guys that gets better with age....it's not out of the realm of possibility but I just wouldn't feel comfortable with him as anything more than my #4 WR...maybe #3.

Yippie Skippy just moved to the bottom of the list -- Holy Flucking Shiet dude - you have 4 rookies on your roster by the 14th round :lol: . Not to mention 2 qb's while there are still starter's left on the menu! Morency, Davis, Leinhart, Young

This is a serious question...How many years have you been playing fantasy football for real? Did you just get out of college and are high :first: on these guys?

Alright....now we're about two-thirds of the way thru. Ill chime in on teams at this point......

Joc.....Youve got LJ. You'll be competitive all year. You came back strong and went RB, RB in 2 and 3, but its tough to pass on a legit #1 WR in rd 3 knowing you wont have a shot for another 20something picks. But I respect your convicitions. But Galloway and Housh as lead guys.......little room for error. To say your WRs are NOT your strength simply would not be a reach. 2 of those 3 receivers' QBs are coming off major surgeries, and the lead guy is 35. Enough said. Boldin on your team wouldnt look bad. I like Warner as your lead guy at QB, IF you either a) grabbed Leinart as insurance or :blink: grabbed someone Id deem as a solid #2, or c) had BOLDIN, too. None of those happened, so I think a penalty will await you. Like I said, youve got LJ, so youll piss people off all year when LJ wins you games singlehandedly.

Howie......another luxury owner with SA at the head of the roster. We'll see how the "madden jinx" thing works out. With Alexander as a lead back, you could take almost anyone, so you chose Bush and I say good for you. He COULD blow up.....but I doubt it. But as a 2nd back, he's a little sketchy to only be backed up by Kevan Barlow....SF's #2 RB. Greg Jones may come up big. That was a solid pick. I like Harrison as a lead guy, but cant offer much up for Walker coming off ACL surgery or Joe Horn looking kindof....like ANOTHER Saint. Should have gone in another direction there, but hey thats just me. I think Bledsoe's a big time sleeper at Q, so youre strong there imo, and Witten is a nice TE option steal. Holes galore, but like Joc, with SA at the top, youll be in plenty of games.

Rye n Leaf....Server Menace is the team to beat right now, imo. But that can certainly change. Tomlinson and Moss are about as nice a 1 and 2 get in this draft. Boldin, Bell and Brady make it 5 for 5. Thats solid balance at the 3 key spots. You followed up your 2 stud WRs with 3 upside guys any one of which could be a solid #3. Good drafting. Some ???s there to be certain, but the upside is undeniable. Im not real comfortable with your 3 and 4RBs, but I can say that about everyone's team here. Moore may be a nice sleeper. Deuce will probably hit and miss....missing a little more often. Brady is stellar and youre solid at the Q....especially with the Snake in the hole. probably a little early for a backup to a guy like Brady, but he's good, so why argue. I like Miller, but I dont see him being a heavy hitter in this scoring format. I could be wrong. Smith will end up as your #1 by season's end. Your lookin' good Rye.....now go smoke one.

just these 3 for now. Happy 4th everyone.

Rye n Leaf Im not real comfortable with your 3 and 4RBs, but I can say that about everyone's team here. Moore may be a nice sleeper. Deuce will probably hit and miss....missing a little more often. Brady is stellar and youre solid at the Q....especially with the Snake in the hole. probably a little early for a backup to a guy like Brady, but he's good, so why argue. I like Miller, but I dont see him being a heavy hitter in this scoring format. I could be wrong. Smith will end up as your #1 by season's end. Your lookin' good Rye.....now go smoke one.

I wasn't real high on Deuce this year either, but from what I am reading, he will be on the field a lot this year in a run-first saints offense. He may get quite a few carries, plus he can catch the ball. Mewelde Moore right now is the Vikings 3rd down back, so his stock is on par with Chris Perry because of his catching ability.

I totally agree with what you say about Miller. He won't be a heavy hitter. I'm not used to not having an elite TE, but in this scoring formatt TE isn't the biggest priority, drafting RBs that catch the ball and elite WRs is.

Also, the snake was still there in the 9th round, and he shouldn't have slipped that far, so even though i didnt orginally have him targeted, I wasn't going to let him slide by and give someone else a great value pick.

The addition of Walker will raise the snake's numbers this year.

I'm was not take Boldin as my #1 wr period! I CAN AND WILL live with that decision! I was targeting Delhomme as my #1 qb but he was taken right before my pick and therefore waited on a qb for a long while.

I'm was not take Boldin as my #1 wr period! I CAN AND WILL live with that decision! I was targeting Delhomme as my #1 qb but he was taken right before my pick and therefore waited on a qb for a long while.

Right...I can see how living with Joey Galloway as your top guy made so much more sense. Picking at the end of rounds is tough because although its nice that you get back to backers, it sucks because you'll wait 22 slots before picking again. So, making your picks count are that much more important, imo. I just wasnt big on the Foster pick at 3. No way would I have taken a player with that much injury history and hardly any TD history that early......but I know youre thinking youve got this year's Thomas Jones, so good for you and good luck with that.

Continuing my breakdown of teams........

Football Scooter.......the "Masses" have mixed high end stability with some risk and alot of upside. Portis and Chad Johnson are as good as anyone's 1-2 imo......even Tomlinson-Moss. Theyre neck and neck. Im normally a RB-RB purist in 9 out of 10 drafts the 1st 2 rounds, but in our format, I appreciate the logic of going stud WR in the 2 hole. You fell in line with the winning formula. FWP was a nice choice in rd 3. You could have come back with Chambers or another WR, but Parker at that spot made alot of sense, and it was a little gutsy, so I applaud that. Your backup RB combo gives you young upside with proven veteran productivity, but each guy needs a little help in the way of opportunity to contribute. A little thin, but with Portis at the top, who's complaining. Green and Gonzalez filled those 2 positions nicely, though we'll have to see how Herm's presence impacts the O as a whole. I think you'll be happy what you get from both of those guys. I thought Green went a little early, but you got him so we close the book there. Im not a big fan of the Andre Johnson pick in the 4th. I might have pulled the trigger on another back there, and looked WR coming back around, but you got what you want. Good thing you snagged Haynes when you did, cause I was eyeballing him at some point shortly after that. Joe J could be a serious sleeper if he gets help from Winslow and Northcutt and can avoid doubles. Some other nice late round choices there that I know you love could pan out. We'll see, but this team has the feel of a potential playoff team.

Solo's Union Mission..........this team was potentially in trouble the moment I acquired the #5 position. I knew Id gamble on my pick knowing who the top 4 would be, and not wanting to continue the line of predictability. I didnt help form this league to make safe picks thru this draft and be normal. I wanted to think outside the box all the way thru, and play with fire.....we'll see how badly I get burned. Ive been playing this game for about 15 years now, and this is the most 'on edge' team Ive ever drafted. Ron Brown is a boom or bust for me. If he booms, Ill fly. If he doesnt, Im lying in the bed I made. :rolleyes: But he'll boom, so Im not real worried about that. Its just the waiting game that kills. TO in the 2 hole for me was somewhat of a risky reach, but he could blow up with an ultra high level of motivation, so Ill ride the wreck for a season. The Gates pick in rd 3 is a make or breaker. I mean honestly, WHO takes a TE in round 3??? If he doesnt get me double digit TDs and 1000plus, Im in trouble. Basically, I could be in trouble with any of these 3 picks floundering, and this goes against any safe drafting strategy emphasizing the logic that you dont want to LOSE your league in the 1st 3 rounds, but again......"Mr Fire, meet Mr Burns". So at this point, with a TE in my 3 slot, Im looking to reach for both RB AND WR. I decide to go RB the next 3 rounds. I luck out and lock down the Colts situation...someone here will get something done for me....I mean it IS the Colts. And I have faith in Benson's abiltiy. He's somewhat of a polarizer....you either love him or hate him. I love him....especially with that schedule and Oline. So thru 6, Ive accomplised my ultimate goal which was to have 4 RBs. But now Im paper thin at WR, the pickings are slim, and still no QB......hiding behind a major EIGHT ball. Im reaching for a rocket at Q and grab Bulger. he's top 5 when he's on the field, and supposedly there's an emphasis on keeping him healthy in St Louis with King Knucklehead no longer around....and I love his quick release with the multiple weapons. I think Ill be good with him. if not, Rivers will bail me out. I know, he's done nothing. Neither did Warner before the Rams won the Superbowl. Back to my receivers. There's looking like there's no hope. Im desperate for any #1 WRs......#1s on NFL teams that is...not FF. Koren Robinson and Antonio Bryant qualify, and both are young with 1000yd seasons under their belts. "Mr Rabbit" meet "Mr Hat". We'll see how they pan out. Honestly, I dont expect much. Moulds could rebound in Houston, but he's old and the QB sucks, so I wont hold my breath either. I reach for another 'edge' with a K who I think will have more 40 and 50 yarders than any other in the league this year in Rackers. Early for a K in my book, but with added points for distance kicks, he was a must have. This team could be great or it could suck. I can live with either.

5 down, 7 to go....................

Yippie Skippy just moved to the bottom of the list -- Holy Flucking Shiet dude - you have 4 rookies on your roster by the 14th round :doublethumbsup: . Not to mention 2 qb's while there are still starter's left on the menu! Morency, Davis, Leinhart, Young

This is a serious question...How many years have you been playing fantasy football for real? Did you just get out of college and are high :bandana: on these guys?

Been playing ff since 1989. Played high school ball with Boomer's career backup Eric Wilhelm and KC WR JJ Birden who reminds me of Sammie Parker. I was a WR. So I guess a little more than twice as long as you. I'm looking at my list, not someone else's.

All of my rooks drafted were drafted in the NFL first round as team needs. All of my rooks drafted are backups on my ff team.

You attack my Vince Young pick, but I took your #1 target at QB Delhome "right before you" 11 picks. Then you draft MRs Brenda Warner I hurt my pinkie and fail to get Leinart yet claim that you got the backup QBs that you wanted. LMAO!!

Joc, I'll take on your one no brainer stud and bunch of crap anyday.

Been playing ff since 1989. Played high school ball with Boomer's career backup Eric Wilhelm and KC WR JJ Birden who reminds me of Sammie Parker. I was a WR. So I guess a little more than twice as long as you. I'm looking at my list, not someone else's.

All of my rooks drafted were drafted in the NFL first round as team needs. All of my rooks drafted are backups on my ff team.

You attack my Vince Young pick, but I took your #1 target at QB Delhome "right before you" 11 picks. Then you draft MRs Brenda Warner I hurt my pinkie and fail to get Leinart yet claim that you got the backup QBs that you wanted. LMAO!!

:extralargepopcorn:

:96ozbucketofpepsi:

:thumbsup:

I played highschool ball with Ontario Smith.  Hooked him up with his first whizzinator.

:extralargepopcorn:

:96ozbucketofpepsi:

:thumbsup:

I played highschool ball with Ontario Smith.  Hooked him up with his first whizzinator.

Super size my whizzinator and you are spot on.

Jeez you've been playing ff football that long and you took 4 rookies by the 14th? I still don't see how you can justify that especially since they are all backups except your te for the 49ers'? So your backups are all rookies?

Yes my backup Qb's are guys I wanted - Carr is experienced as well as Volek! Your backup qb's have exactly how many NFL games under their belt? 0 and 0 and that's a ton of experience!

Jeez you've been playing ff football that long and you took 4 rookies by the 14th? I still don't see how you can justify that especially since they are all backups except your te for the 49ers'? So your backups are all rookies?

Yes my backup Qb's are guys I wanted - Carr is experienced as well as Volek! Your backup qb's have exactly how many NFL games under their belt? 0 and 0 and that's a ton of experience!

Safe backup ff QBs rarely win championships.

Safe backup ff QBs rarely win championships.

I agree on that but it's the depth and points that do count.

Why won't anyone answer my original question on Foster??? Who is going to get ______________ 12 one yard TD plunges from last year? Why won't it be Foster?

That is why I'm taking a gamble on this guy :cheers:

Who is going to get Stephen Davis' 12 one yard TD plunges from last year?

he hasn't been drafted yet, otherwise I would tell you.

he hasn't been drafted yet, otherwise I would tell you.

Damn my bad, quick edit!

I agree on that but it's the depth and points that do count.

Why won't anyone answer my original question on Foster??? Who is going to get ______________ 12 one yard TD plunges from last year? Why won't it be Foster?

That is why I'm taking a gamble on this guy :blink:

his body made of glass is the reason why he wont be able to get them....well he wont be able to after week 4.... :D