Sign in to follow this  
biggamer3

rookie draft

i have the 12 and 13 picks.

So far, the big 5 RB's are off the board, along with Young, Hawk, V Davis, and Calhoun.

Who are the next 4 best rookie based on talen alone.

Leinert, Sims, Chad Jackson, S Moss?

I would take Leinart and Jackson - I think Jackson is the only rookie WR who is going to do anything this year.

If Warner gets hurt (and he always does) Leinart will have it made with that offense.

i have the 12 and 13 picks.

So far, the big 5 RB's are off the board, along with Young, Hawk, V Davis, and Calhoun.

Who are the next 4 best rookie based on talen alone.

Leinert, Sims, Chad Jackson, S Moss?

Not to be repeatative, but this is my take to an ealier post.

I find myself in the same position in a rookie dynasty draft. I am certain that Bush will go first, and for a long time considered DeAngelo, with Maroney being a close second. BIG FACTOR changed my mind towards Maroney. Maroney not only has less miles on his wheels, but is 2 years younger. You league may not value youth as much as mine, but in mine, that 2 years could prove HUGE in years to come. Even if they ends up with DeAngelo having overall better stats, as long as Maroney is close, he has more value. The secondary reason is that both have to an incumbent go down or be unproductive. With everything being equal, Dillon, no matter what, CAN only be productive for a couple of years at best. If Foster remains healthy, that could be a huge hurdle for years to come. Do you trade Foster or DeAngelo? If Foster, fine. But if DeAngelo, then you have to worry about where he goes. IN ALL, for my opinion, Maroney is your best option. He was considered #2 by most NFL teams, he has less to contend with immediately and overall in the future, and most importantly, he has less mileage and is 2 years younger.

SIDE NOTE: You mentioned Addai. I have the #7 pick, and it looks like I will be able to draft Jerrious Norwood. If I had the #4 pick, I would draft Norwood over Addai. Not a knock on Addai, just some serious props for Norwood. Just look at where he played (SEC), how well he played (lead SEC in rushing), team he played for (Miss. St/Everyone knew he was getting the ball and they couldn't stop him), system he played under (west coast at State/WC in Atl), competition in ATL (Dunn will be retiring in a couple of years, and Duckett is on his way out), and finally just his size and speed (2nd fastest 40 amoung RB's/6'2" - he doesn't need a goal line back to come in)