Sign in to follow this  
epinindy

How High For Addai?

From around Indy the talk is that the defense was very impressed with Addai and that he will beat out Rhodes in camp and be the week 1 starter for the Colts.

If that is the case where in the draft should he be taken?

From around Indy the talk is that the defense was very impressed with Addai and that he will beat out Rhodes in camp and be the week 1 starter for the Colts.

i would love to get him in round 4

I'd be more interested in hearing about the defense that trashes the first round pick, saying management made a big mistake. THAT would be worthy of a thread.

if he's the week one starter, no chance he lasts till the 4th round, considering the offense he's going to be in. he'll be so hyped that he'll be a late 2nd round choice...drafted over: Droughns, Chester, Jamal, Willie P., Dunn, Foster. he probably goes in the same area as kevin jones and brian westbrook (i'm the only one on this board who doesn't think he's worthy of a 2nd round back, i guess maybe in PPR leagues, but he's gonna get hurt). i would take addai over westy.

young, explosive backs win fantasy championships. couple addai with whoever you get in the first round and you might have 2 top 5 RBs. the upside is far bigger than any back that came out last year. i drafted caddy at 28 overall last year and ronnie brown went 41. i think addai walks into a much better situation than those guys and if he starts for an entire season (or even just the 2nd half), he'll easily be a top 10 pick in '07.

Man, that is a tough one. This same kinda thing happened with Tatum Bell a few years ago.. rumors that he was #1... that "he HAD to start" with that much talent and he didn't do anything that first year. I'd say wait as long as possible to see how the pre-season games go but I wouldn't draft him higher than 6th round personally.

Running fast and knowing blocking schemes are a different animal. You can be on the field slow but you can't if you can't pick up blitzes

Gary Brackett was on NFL Network as a gues co-host about a week or so ago and said Addai is much faster and much bigger than originally thought. He went on to say that the guys on defense were very impressed with him.

Tony Dungy when asked following minicamp about Addai's performance said "If this minicamp is any indication he will be in the Hall of Fame is 6 years."

Doesn't seem like he will make it to the Hall of Fame behind Dominic Rhodes does it?