Sign in to follow this  
sabtoker

Anybody ever win a 14 team league with

Anybody ever win a 14 team league with there draft pick being number 14???? What was your draft strategy?

We just pick the order last night......It is a snake draft so I get pick number 14 and 15........

All tds = 6 points

10 yds Rus/Rec = 1 pt

100 yds game = 3 pts

300 yds pass = 3 pts

RECEPTION for TE, WR only = 1 pt per reception (not RBs)

First time in a 14 teamer......I 'm thinking a RB, WR Combo in rounds 1 and 2, grab best TE available in the 3rd and another RB in the 4th.........and wait to get a QB in the 5th.......

I 'm thinkin i'll probably be left to choose from: Dunn, Dom Davis, J. Jones, Drounghs, McGahee, Dillon, ..............and I'll probably be able to get T.O. , Chad or S.Smith, Fitz or Holt........

I don't mind any of the WR's, I just have no clue what RB has the best value at 14

Who do you think the best RB and WR combo will be available at 14 and 15?

Anybody ever win a 14 team league with there draft pick being number 14???? What was your draft strategy?

We just pick the order last night......It is a snake draft so I get pick number 14 and 15........

All tds = 6 points

10 yds Rus/Rec = 1 pt

100 yds game = 3 pts

300 yds pass = 3 pts

First time in a 14 teamer......I 'm thinking a RB, WR Combo in rounds 1 and 2, grab best TE available in the 3rd and another RB in the 4th.........and wait to get a QB in the 5th.......

I 'm thinkin i'll probably be left to choose from: Dunn, Dom Davis, J. Jones, Drounghs, McGahee, Dillon, ..............and I'll probably be able to get T.O. , Chad or S.Smith, Fitz or Holt........

I don't mind any of the WR's, I just have no clue what RB has the best value at 14

yep, did so last year, but not sure stategy itself was the reason.

last year i was much more comfortable with depth of quality RBs, so I went JJ, Rudi, Mike Anderson, LJ, then filled out the roster with Santana Moss, Terry Glenn, Delhomme, Plumber, McNair, Antonio Bryant, Kevin Curtis, Troupe, Shayne Graham, etc...

Moss, Glenn and LJ turned out to be money and all of the other guys played above expectations with the exception of JJ, so my first pick was the worst.

This year I would probably go RB/WR or WR/WR depending on who is available, but talent at RB is pretty thin this year, a stud WR may be a better pick in some cases.

I did about 5 years ago. I will have to say I won because the players people passed on had break out years. I took who fell to me and they panned out.

The guy in our number 14 spot won last year, but I think it will hard to duplicate his strategy of getting LJ in the 4th round. :banana:

yep, did so last year, but not sure stategy itself was the reason.

last year i was much more comfortable with depth of quality RBs, so I went JJ, Rudi, Mike Anderson, LJ, then filled out the roster with Santana Moss, Terry Glenn, Delhomme, Plumber, McNair, Antonio Bryant, Kevin Curtis, Troupe, Shayne Graham, etc...

Moss, Glenn and LJ turned out to be money and all of the other guys played above expectations with the exception of JJ, so my first pick was the worst.

This year I would probably go RB/WR or WR/WR depending on who is available, but talent at RB is pretty thin this year, a stud WR may be a better pick in some cases.

I thought about WR/WR.............But I know about 2-3 teams in the first round will do something unexpected and I will probably be left with the number 11 running back.............

SO THE QUESTION IS: 1) What RB's Will be there after 10 are gone????

1 a) Is the 2nd or third best WR a better choice than the RB's left after 10 are gone?

The best stratagy is Best Player Available although I do remember reaching a few times and starting a run rather than being on the end of the run. (K, Def, TE)

All tds = 6 points

10 yds Rus/Rec = 1 pt

100 yds game = 3 pts

300 yds pass = 3 pts

I would definitely go RB/WR with your 1st 2 picks based on your league settings...I would definitely NOT take a TE until at least the 7th/8th though and maybe later than that. TE's are deep this year. Go with the best available WR or RB in the third and 4th then pick up your QB in the 5th, 6th, or 7th. Just my opinion. I think you could really hurt your chances by taking a TE that early.

You don't have to take RB/RB with your first two picks.

I suggest you make a list of the RBs most likely to increase in value with a starter injury (i.e. Morris in Seattle, Turner in SD, and whoever ultimately is LJ's backup, etc.). You then have to be willing to draft one of these guys too high - i.e before the guy with the starter takes him. Depending on your league and number of players on your roster, you are probably talking about your 6th or 8th pick). That is you biggest upside.

I would definitely go RB/WR with your 1st 2 picks based on your league settings...I would definitely NOT take a TE until at least the 7th/8th though and maybe later than that. TE's are deep this year. Go with the best available WR or RB in the third and 4th then pick up your QB in the 5th, 6th, or 7th. Just my opinion. I think you could really hurt your chances by taking a TE that early.

Now that you point it out.......Your probably right......I looked at last years point totals and I would probably be gettin much better value if I went with a WR or RB in 4th/5th round.....The onlly way I would still take a TE would be if Gates or Shockey (have him pegged for big year) were there.........Otherwise, you are right and I could srew it up if I grabbed the TE that early.......