Sign in to follow this  
atv22bball

defensive players who return kicks and punts?

In my league we draft individual defensive players. Drafting DB's who are also kr's and pr's bump up their stock up a ton. who are some defensive players that return? besides the obvious.... mcgee and pacman

Allen Rossum has done it for years, though I couldn't even tell you where he is right now.

Allen Rossum has done it for years, though I couldn't even tell you where he is right now.

Atlanta

Buffalo's Terrence McGee is another one. I've used him a couple of years along with Allen Rossum.

Justin Miller may handle KR duties for the Jets but i wouldnt see a whole lot of value unless he wins the nickle job, even then it isn't anything terrific

Ike Taylor in Pitt does KR, pretty good value if i remember correctly last year

Jason David in Indy, could start at CB

Buchanon in Houston, not the best CB but still a starter nonetheless

i dont want to give this one out but Darrent Williams.....huge this year, mark my words - CB/KR/PR

as mentioned Rossum although he doesn't play much on the defensive side of things anymore

McGee is a very solid selection too if people sleep on him, they shouldnt by now but his first year really was a surprise

thats all that i see

i dont want to give this one out but Darrent Williams.....huge this year, mark my words - CB/KR/PR

Who is this Darrent Williams you speak of? Who's he playing for?

Pacman Jones - Tennessee Titans - CB

Returned both least year but may be restricted to KR this year.

Who is this Darrent Williams you speak of? Who's he playing for?

:)

i guess since my secret is out i can inform the masses here

Darrent Williams was one of the many early CB selections last year for the Broncos, he wound up being the best of the bunch and started across from Champ Bailey...

the thing with the kid is he is fast as all hell

i believe the initial intention was to draft him for return duties and the nickel role but he just ended up playing too well to have such a small role for them

again, he will line up as the #2 CB and has blazing speed in the return game

in 12 games last year:

53 tackles(49 solo, 4 assists) 1 sack, 2 INTs, one returned for a TD, 2 fumbles forced, 1 fumble recovered, 10 passes defended

18 KR for 431 yards, 23.9 average, long of 36

17 PR(12 fair catch) for 148 yards, 8.7 average long of 52, 3 over 20 yards

only 5 PRs but 3 of them were of 20+ yards.... thats a pretty damn promising stat

i cant wait for thiskid to start 16 games at CB with full PR/KR duties..... its going to be beautiful :)

:cry:

i guess since my secret is out i can inform the masses here

Darrent Williams was one of the many early CB selections last year for the Broncos, he wound up being the best of the bunch and started across from Champ Bailey...

the thing with the kid is he is fast as all hell

i believe the initial intention was to draft him for return duties and the nickel role but he just ended up playing too well to have such a small role for them

again, he will line up as the #2 CB and has blazing speed in the return game

in 12 games last year:

53 tackles(49 solo, 4 assists) 1 sack, 2 INTs, one returned for a TD, 2 fumbles forced, 1 fumble recovered, 10 passes defended

18 KR for 431 yards, 23.9 average, long of 36

17 PR(12 fair catch) for 148 yards, 8.7 average long of 52, 3 over 20 yards

only 5 PRs but 3 of them were of 20+ yards.... thats a pretty damn promising stat

i cant wait for thiskid to start 16 games at CB with full PR/KR duties..... its going to be beautiful :huh:

Thnaks for the info :first: I'll be looking for him and Terrence McGee in my draft this month.