Sign in to follow this  
shake_a_leg

Rate My Team -- Not all that urgent

I decided I've had enough of mock drafts today and joined a free league on ESPN. Ended up getting stuck with the 10th pick in a 10 teamer, so I had to make some immediate adjustments to my strategy....

01.10 Peyton Manning

02.01 Chad Johnson

03.10 Reuben Droughns

04.01 Chester Taylor

05.10 Deshaun Foster

06.01 Mark Bulger

07.10 Rod Smith

08.01 Alge Crumpler

09.10 Marion Barber

10.01 Cedric Houston

11.10 Jerry Porter

12.01 Reggie Brown

13.10 Giants Defense

14.01 Jeff Wilkins

15.10 Brandon Jacobs

16.01 Mark Clayton

===========

QB: PManning (Bulger)

RB: Droughns / CTaylor (Foster / Barber / Houston / Jacobs)

WR: CJohnson / RSmith (Porter / ReBrown / Clayton)

TE: Crumpler

Def: Giants

K: Wilkins

===========

Passing

TD 4 : 1pt per 25 yds

Rushing and Receiving

TD 6 : 1pt per 10 yds

Figured I'd take Manning / Johnson off the top to set up a good combo to offset the lack of RB production I would get regardless of who I took here. I took Bulger in the 6th thinking that my RBs ended up not being all "that bad" and I might be able to pull off some kind of trade for Manning to get a better #1 RB.

I also think I need a little help at WR. Looking for some insight to what I should / shouldn't do. Open for suggestions either way.

I decided I've had enough of mock drafts today and joined a free league on ESPN. Ended up getting stuck with the 10th pick in a 10 teamer, so I had to make some immediate adjustments to my strategy....

01.10 Peyton Manning

02.01 Chad Johnson

03.10 Reuben Droughns

04.01 Chester Taylor

05.10 Deshaun Foster

06.01 Mark Bulger

07.10 Rod Smith

08.01 Alge Crumpler

09.10 Marion Barber

10.01 Cedric Houston

11.10 Jerry Porter

12.01 Reggie Brown

13.10 Giants Defense

14.01 Jeff Wilkins

15.10 Brandon Jacobs

16.01 Mark Clayton

===========

QB: PManning (Bulger)

RB: Droughns / CTaylor (Foster / Barber / Houston / Jacobs)

WR: CJohnson / RSmith (Porter / ReBrown / Clayton)

TE: Crumpler

Def: Giants

K: Wilkins

===========

Passing

TD 4 : 1pt per 25 yds

Rushing and Receiving

TD 6 : 1pt per 10 yds

Figured I'd take Manning / Johnson off the top to set up a good combo to offset the lack of RB production I would get regardless of who I took here. I took Bulger in the 6th thinking that my RBs ended up not being all "that bad" and I might be able to pull off some kind of trade for Manning to get a better #1 RB.

I also think I need a little help at WR. Looking for some insight to what I should / shouldn't do. Open for suggestions either way.

Interesting draft, Johnson and Manning are bank for their positions, and if, a BIG IF, Chester Taylor and R. Bush work out, you could have the team to beat. Lotta questions at RB and your non CJ WR's.

Personally, I'd see about packaging Bulger with someone that gets on a hot streak during the season for a RB, Manning is $, and keeps QB set for the entire season.

Again, scary team if Bush and Chester Taylor work out, course, scary for you if they don't =P

Pretty nice team overall. Your only problem should be at RB and the situation is not all that bad. The Barber / Houston combo could be a steal since they're applying pressue on their current starters. Manning will be as solid as a rock since the passing scoring is difficult (4pt / TD & 1 pt / 25 pass). Maybe you could offer Bulger and a RB for a strong RB. Best of luck !

You might want to add Mewelde Moore as a C. Taylor handcuff. Taylor as your #1 is scary without the handcuff. I agree that you can package Bulger with Jacobs or Barber to the teams with Tiki or J. Jones for a RB upgrade.