Sign in to follow this  
Mossome84

Is Warner a Keeper

I have an interesting dilemma and some advise would be appreciated. In our league we have the option to hold over one player from the previous year that was either drafted in the 7th round or later or was a free agent pickup during the year. If we choose to hold a keeper we simply would not pick in the 7th round in this years draft.

I have a 10 team high performance league. 1/10 rushing and receiving yards. 1/30 passing yards. 5 for pass td, 6 for td scored.

I have singled out a few possible options for keepers and wonder if any of these guys would be worth keeping instead of picking in the 7th round. This is a tough decision.

Kurt Warner

Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Jones

Kevin Curtis

Eddie Kennison

Personally I would take a 7th round pick over any of those guys. They will probably still all be on the board in the 7th, so no reason you can't grab one of them then, but chances are someone better will be there.

The only one I'd even consider out of that group is Matt Jones, and AntSports has him going in the 10th round, so you'll probably be better off just taking the pick. You can do better than Warner and Roethlisberger in the 7th round (Warner may not even finish out the season, and Big Ben doesn't throw enough, plus I don't particularly like the reports out of camp that he's having stamina and durability issues following his accident). Kennison's out because the KC passing game's going to suck this year, between Willie Roaf retiring, Trent Green starting to lose a step, and Herm Edwards being as conservative as he is. And it's too hard to say how much Curtis is going to see the ball to spend that high of a pick on him.

Don't keep any of those. Take the pick. Those guys are barely worth a 7th round pick as it is, you can upgrade all of 'em.