Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edgefan

Need quick advice on keeper league draft direction

Guest Edgefan

We can keep up to 5 each year. Also get to keep a Rookie Keeper. If we draft a guy as a rookie, we can keep him every year as our rookie keeper and he never counts against our draft picks. My team was weak last season and I cleaned house except for my rookie keeper, Cadillac.

since he was my rookie keeper I got to start drafting in the 1st round.

took Fitzgerald.

In 2nd round I let the rookie keeper rule play in to my mind too much and was worried that guys would start jumping on the rookie backs (Bush was already taken) so I took Addai with an eye to the future.

At the time the other RB's available were guys like Droughns, Dunn, Dillon, C. Taylor, Foster, D.Davis, Jamal Lewis, Fred Taylor, Deuce.

alot of talent, many of them will produce great this year. But many have question marks with other backs on the team or age is an issue in the next year or two. so I took Addai over the older guys or the injury plagued guys thinking it would be a good move for my future, but knowing it would/could hurt me this year.

now my turn is up again. Obviously some of those guys are gone now and the picks of rookie players never happened. Could have waited on Addai. Oh well.

Now I'm faced with a similar situation. Here are the guys I'd consider taking right now:

C. Taylor, Foster, Dillon, McAllister, Taylor, Dayne (yikes), or D. Rhodes at RB

Plaxico, Roy Williams, S. Moss, Galloway, J. Walkerat WR

OR

all of the rookies are still there. D. Williams, Maroney, White.

I know if I take one of those three I'm sealing my fate for this season baring injuries to guys in front of them. However, the prospects of having Caddy, Addai, and one of those guys in my backfield, with a WR like Fitzgerald next year the year after is very inviting.

On the other hand, I could go ahead and snag one of those other backs or even Roy Williams or Plax and have a little brighter picture this season.

Could also take Rhodes and lock up the appealing Indy backfield (though I could end up with a two headed monster)

This is probably very confusing. Anyone have any thoughts? Advice?

Need to hear from you quick to keep the draft moving.

Thanks.

what is your draft position? what is your starting line up?

I really like Roy Williams under Martz.

Maybe go Roy this round then a good young RB next round.

Cadillac, Addai, Fitzgareld, R. Williams should look pretty good for a long time.

Guest Edgefan

I didn't get Bush, I got Addai from Indy.

My position is six of twelve. There are eleven picks in between each of my picks.

we start:

1 qb

1-2 rb

2-3 wr

1 te

1 k

1 def

Sorry, I edited my last post.

I would still take Roy Williams. Then next round a good younger RB or even Walker. Out of the rookie RBs you listed I like White the best.

Please answer my post, thanks

taylor, foster or dillon. stay focussed on this year with the corner of your eye to the future. you need the RB2 and then scramble for WRs. lots of value at WR out there.