Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

Steve Smith Updates?

We draft on the 21st. I'm looking at him hard with my 1st round pick.(We're a ppr league, with conuses for big play TD's) Any news on him in camp or recovery time with that hammy. I'm not having another Joe Horn on my team this season. Thanks in advance. :pointstosky:

I don't expect the same numbers from Smith as last year , if that is what you're asking. Defenses adjust to the previous year's offensive weapons. They game plan for him. But, I don't think he'll hurt your receiving corpe either. You'll need more than S. Smith to win your league.

I just posted this on another thread but here ya go.

Was at the Carolina game last night against Buffalo.

Carter & Colbert looked great. Colbert made an outstanding diving catch for 14 yard gain and another for 9.

Carter made a nice TD grab on his way to a 3/20 night.

Keyshaun looked a littel lethargic to me, but also made a nice grab first play of the game for a gain of 18. He went 2/27.

Smith did not play due to his hammy.

Delhomme looked awesome. Nice quick releases. 5/6 for 64 yards in one drive then they took him out. They ran once the first drive before they scored.

All in all I was impressed with how the Panthers played and Delhomme has many other targets besides Smith. And D Carter is one fast sumbiotch!

Hamstring issues or not Smith will not get as many touches as he did last year. Carolina has a great recieving corps this year and if D Foster stays healthy could have a nice run game to go laong with it.

Carolina is SB bound!!! :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the info but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I want to know is, "is he practicing", "is he looking like he's 100 percent in practice", "do they expect him to be 100 percent week one". Questions like that

He has been held out of practice last week and did not play last night.

I believe he is expected to practice next week on a limitied basis.