Sign in to follow this  
Thumbs Down

I have the 5th pick in a 12 team league

I have the 5th pick in a standard scoring league with the exception of PPR and a 3wr starting lineup. I'm going with Jackson in the 1st. My question is, do I go with someone like a Willie Parker or that type of RB in the second round or do I go with a top 5 WR. I'm really leaning towards best available at this point and just hope that I can land a decent RB in the 3rd round.

Thanks for any advice.

:thumbsdown:

I hear ya... I'm in the same spot, except that to complicate matters, there are a couple of stud RB's being retained in my league (keeper), so the quality at 5 and 19 goes down some...

I don't like this spot at all...there should be no dependable RB's in the second round, and even a guy like FWP isn't going to be as valuable in a PPR league.

best available may very well be Marvin Harrison or Larry Fitzgerald....which wouldn't be too bad, except that in the 3rd round it may be even tougher to land an RB (Jamal Lewis? Reuben Droughns?) ... thumbs down indeed.

Thanks for the response. I'm not liking this pick this year. I don't know which way to go with this pick, but the more I think about it the more I think I need to grab a top WR and take my chances on a RB in round 3. This is a very competitive league as it's been in existence going on it's 9th year and everyone is very knowledgeable. I'd rather have the last pick than this one. The one glimmer is that it's not the 6th pick.

:thumbsdown:

Thanks for the response. I'm not liking this pick this year. I don't know which way to go with this pick, but the more I think about it the more I think I need to grab a top WR and take my chances on a RB in round 3.

I too have Pick 5, and I think that's going to be my strategy too. Unless an elite RB falls to me in Round 2 (Rudi, Steven, LaMont), then I'm getting an elite WR (Steve, TO, Chad). You have to start WRs anyway, and very few got 12 ppg last year. I think the difference between a Round 2 and Round 3 RB is not as much as the difference between Round 1 and Round 2. Getting Julius Jones or Willie Parker in Round 2 isn't that much of a benefit over Kevin Jones or Ruben Droughns in Round 3, but it would mean sacrificing an elite WR.

You have to go best available in that situation. If a good RB falls, land him. Most likely you'll get a very good WR. It is important that you get best available in that spot because you still may have a chance to land a Parker like back in the 3rd. There are very few owners who'll be lucky enough to land two reliable backs this season. Don't lose out value in other positions just because you think you need another RB in the 2nd round..