Sign in to follow this  
mattxweltner

rate my draft

so we had a live draft this year, and i was out of the state so there was NO WAY that i could make it. its a work league and i love BSing with my coworkers, but i hate losing. i spent about a month tweaking my draft board and creating round by round pick instructions and this is what i came up with.

i'm very happy about it.

7th pick in a 12 team league. standard scoring, non PPR. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, Def, K

1. (7) R. Brown

2. (18) T. Owens

3. (31) C. Taylor

4. (42) K. Jones

5. (55) D. Foster

6. (66) J. Walker

7. (79) D. Brees

8. (90) H. Miller

9. (103) Ro. Smith

10. (114) Tampa Bay

11. (127) M. Stover

12. (138) B. Leftwich

13. (151) D. Stallworth

14. (162) D. Givens

15. (175) T. Williamson

Three Questions:

who to start from my 3-4-5 picks (i can start 2 of them)

what should i do with my two bronco recievers, Rod Smith and Javon Walker?

which QB should i start?

any thoughts or discussion would be MUCH appreciated. I'm ECSTATIC about how well my draft went, I spent a lot of time editing my rankings and evaluating who I wanted where.

7th pick on R Brown seems reaching. Edge/S Jax/C Williams all HAD to be avail here and I prefer them ALL to R Brown. I LIKE R Brown and would DEF draft him as a RB2, not RB1.

T Owens in early 2nd round the same reasoning: Was C Johnson/Holt/Fitz/S Smith gone as well?

How did the first 2 rounds go?

who to start from my 3-4-5 picks (i can start 2 of them)

Taylor and Jones

what should i do with my two bronco recievers, Rod Smith and Javon Walker?

Trade or Drop them as soon as something better comes along on the WW. Javon Walker is one year away from full recovery (medical fact, not my opinion) and that could hurt his numbers. Rod Smith I think is NFLs Yoda, but I may be wrong.

which QB should i start?

Brees

I think there were some missed opportunites here.

don't suck yourself off too much.

your team is solid.

you have horrible matchups with your QBs thorugh week 6. with these two QBs, you have to go by matchups, you don't have a clear starter.

i think you go with the matchups also with k jones and d foster. i like foster better right now but htey are saying all of the right things again in det about k jones. i think taylor is a no brainer a slong as he is getting his 25 touches a games, as proposed by his coaches.

in a non ppr league, go with javon more over rod. rod is going to be steady as usual but javon will get more yards and more TDs. on DEN bye week, may God be with you.

Leftwich |Brees

1DAL |at CLE

2PIT |at GBP

3at IND |ATL

4at WAS |at CAR

5NYJ |TBB

6BYE |PHI

7at HOU |BYE

8at PHI |BAL

9TEN |at TBB

10HOU |at PIT

11NYG |CIN

12at BUF |at ATL

13at MIA |SFF

14IND |at DAL

15at TEN |WAS

16NEP |at NYG

thanks for the imput.

i'm sure that there were some missed opportunities here, and i didn't mean to be "sucking myself off" at all. this is the first time i've ever missed a live draft and had to go off of a board. even with the time i spent working on it, i was expecting the worst and i think it turned out ok.

S Jax/C Williams (not edge) were both available at my 7th pick, but i prefer Brown to both of them. I think he's going to have a huge year. maybe i'm wrong.

it crosses my mind to try and trade one of my denver WRs and one of my quarterbacks for peyton manning. if (when) that doesn't work, maybe even trade them for tom brady/matt hasslebeck. what do you think?

it crosses my mind to try and trade one of my denver WRs and one of my quarterbacks for peyton manning. if (when) that doesn't work, maybe even trade them for tom brady/matt hasslebeck. what do you think?

You don't have the player quality to get Manning or Brady or Hasselbeck. If it were me, you would have to give up Brown AND TO for any of those three - and that would only be if I had McNabb as QB2.

If you do pull off that trade, please let me join the league next year. I wil pay half of everyone's entry fee.