Sign in to follow this  
stncld727

Best 2 keepers?

I've got to pair down my team to two keepers and it's driving me insane. Who do you all think are the best 2 keepers out of these 4?

Hasselbeck

Gates,

LJ

Marvin Harrison

LJ= no brainer...

Gates= young and will be used a whole lot by rivers this year..

Harrison= getting older but will still produce great number

Hasselback= can get a qb anytime

but is it a dynasty league and what is the scoring like?..

I've got to pair down my team to two keepers and it's driving me insane. Who do you all think are the best 2 keepers out of these 4?

Hasselbeck

Gates,

LJ

Marvin Harrison

I'd go with LJ and Gates. LJ is a nobrainer.. he's ATLEAST top 2 best RB in the league.. and most say he is THE man. I say Gates over Harrison because it's MUCH MUCH easier to drop a WR and still get another good quality WR than it is to drop a GOOD (and the #1) TE and good another good quality TE.

I also agree about Hasselbeck. It's easier to get another good QB and as much as I like Hasselbeck.. there are better out there.

Good Luck.

Even though Harrison has had some down years, I'd take him over Hasselbeck. I've always found it easier to find a good QB in the draft or in FA than a good WR.

LJ and Gates. Harrison and Hasselbeck are replaceable through the draft. LJ and Gates aren't.

To echo what others have said, LJ is a no-brainer.

Gates or Harrison is the real question here. If you think Gates posts a 1000-yd, 10+ TD season this year with Rivers at the helm, then I say you have to keep him. Otherwise, Harrison is the man. He's at the bottom of Tier 1, but he still scored 12 TDs last year to lead the league (tied with SSmith) and his route-running and chemistry with Manning ensures that he'll get meaningful looks in the red zone. No other WR you pick up later is going to have that solidity.

With either position, you're banking on a high-upside guy to come through this year. Gates is somewhat of an oddity in his numbers at the TE position (if not the style of play these days). The top 3 other TEs are ... who? Shockey, Heap, Crumpler, maybe? Do you see any of those guys posting 1000 yards and 10 TDs?

On the other hand, I can see SMoss, AJohnson, RWayne, DDriver, etc. potentially putting up 10-12 TDs at the WR position.

Well, LJ and Gates for me also. Gates will be a tremendous safety valve for young Rivers, and LJ will be a monster. QB's similar to Hass are plentiful, and while Harrison may very well have a solid year left, is a bit of a gamble, due to age, the departure of Edge and the emergence of Wayne.

Please see mine

Hasselbeck

Gates,

LJ

Marvin Harrison

i don't see how you can go wrong with two #1's in LJ and Gates - pretty easy decision if you ask me

check out mine