DickJauron

2 QB Leagues, Why Not? Good Argument

Top 20 QB's Total Fantasy Points - 4009 - average of 200.45 for a player season

Top 20 RB's Total Fantasy Points - 4280 - average of 214 for a player season

Top 20 WR's Total Fantasy Points - 3672 - average of 183.6 for a player season

No.20 QB K. Warner - 145

No.20 RB T. Bell - 147

No.20 WR D. Stallworth - 137

Normal scoring. I did 20 to show the breakdown if you started 2 per team in a 10 team league. We start 2 WR in our league and 2 QB. After seeing this I would not want to mess with a 3rd WR. The argument I always get is the talent drop off at QB but I don't see it and now I have numbers that also back that up. So I ask again, why is the norm to start 1 QB. The other argument will likely be after the last sentence, because thats how many are on the field. I ask you, how many times do you see 2 RB's worth a fantasy roster spot start at the same time? Love to here your comments. :mad:

would certainly make the draft that much more interesting. How about replacing the TE in the FLEX position with the QB. THat way, you get 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex (WR, RB, or QB).

I actually think this would force in a lot more strategy into the game and remove some of the luck.

would certainly make the draft that much more interesting. How about replacing the TE in the FLEX position with the QB. THat way, you get 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex (WR, RB, or QB).

I actually think this would force in a lot more strategy into the game and remove some of the luck.

True, but I think the biggest knock on that idea is that in a real football game only one QB plays. There's many times that do RBBC and some teams start 3 WR's.

Otherwise I think it would add another dimension to fantasy football that could possibly be more fun

i'm in an 8 team league where we use 2 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. I don't have the numbers in front of me but historically QBs are very strong in our league. The elite QBs are usually gone by the end of the second round. I think it adds something to our draft.

I just don't like playing 2 QB's.. Seems to "gimmicky" to me... NFL teams only have 1 QB on the field at a time... JMHO But it would make the draft more fun...

I think it does add more skill to a draft. I understand the RBBC argument, but unless you are totally hurting for a RB you are not going to start a guy with a CHANCE to steal a TD when you could play a starter. You can start 2 starters even in a 12 team league. I have been in both types of leagues and the 2 Qb is definetly more fun, so fun I started a keeper last year with the same starting player format. Gimmicky is an IDP, or flex with the option to use a RB. 3 RB?! I am not knocking the standard format, but if 2 RB's start then 2 QB's should start.