Sign in to follow this  
thenewlibrahi2

Keeper Question, very tough one...

Here is my draft from last year (see below). I can keep on person, and have to give up that rounds draft pick to keep that player. I think I am drafting 8th out of 10 teams. Who do I keep?

1) LaDanian Tomlinson

2) Steven Jackson

3) Torry Holt

4) Trent Green (I know, I am an idiot)

5) Steve Smith

doesn't matter from here on, terrible picks

I was thinking Steve Smith had the most value, but Jackson and Tomlinson look good too. Tomlinson would make more sense due to the fact that by keeping Jackson, I would lose the 13th pick, not the 8th. Not worth the drop-off, I don't think. Please help.

Keepers are probably as follows:

Larry Johnson - 7th round

Shaun Alexander - 1st round ???

Rudi Johnson - 2nd round

Tiki or Chad Johnson - 2nd or 3rd round

Larry Fitzgerald - 5th round

Julius Jones - 2nd round

Westbrook - 3rd round

Ronnie Brown - 5th round

Boldin - 4th round

Now, I have no idea other than LJ and Ronnie Brown who is being kept. No one will say until draft time, so I'm worried. Thanks!

Here is my draft from last year (see below). I can keep on person, and have to give up that rounds draft pick to keep that player. I think I am drafting 8th out of 10 teams. Who do I keep?

1) LaDanian Tomlinson

2) Steven Jackson

3) Torry Holt

4) Trent Green (I know, I am an idiot)

5) Steve Smith

doesn't matter from here on, terrible picks

I was thinking Steve Smith had the most value, but Jackson and Tomlinson look good too. Tomlinson would make more sense due to the fact that by keeping Jackson, I would lose the 13th pick, not the 8th. Not worth the drop-off, I don't think. Please help.

Keepers are probably as follows:

Larry Johnson - 7th round

Shaun Alexander - 1st round ???

Rudi Johnson - 2nd round

Tiki or Chad Johnson - 2nd or 3rd round

Larry Fitzgerald - 5th round

Julius Jones - 2nd round

Westbrook - 3rd round

Ronnie Brown - 5th round

Boldin - 4th round

Now, I have no idea other than LJ and Ronnie Brown who is being kept. No one will say until draft time, so I'm worried. Thanks!

Steve Smith is tempting because that avlue (5th round is nice) but It's hard to give up that STUD L.T. - as hard as it may be you still have to Keep L.T. ..... unless you wanna get real risky keep Smith in the 5th and go after a boom or Bust type guy like Reggie Bush or this new sheriff in town Mike Bell.... it's going to be a crazy year with some many question marks so you have to decide whether you wanna play it safe (LT) or roll the dice (Smith + high risk reward guys) Good Luck....

You've got to keep LT. Consistency at RB is too valuable from year to year and this years WR core is deep enough to make up for any slack you lose by giving up Smith.

I think you have to keep LT2....you will be doing a couple things:

You're taking LT2 out of the pool...keeping a guy like the one who keeps LJ or Alexander from getting him as well!

If you keep Smith, then at #8 you're looking at maybe B. Westbrook or W. McGahee to pair w/ Smith. I'd take LT2 and any WR you can get in the 5th rd. over that. LT2 will allow you to take a stud WR at #8 to pair with him. Defiantely aim for L. Maroney, D. Williams, or Jax. Rookie to hold for next yr.

Here is the question you have to ask yourself:

By dropping LT would you get a player of equal or greater value in the first?

The answer is no. You actually have a shot getting Smith back in the second. There is no way you can dump one of the top 3 backs (Shaun Alexander, LT, and Larry Johnson). All are in their prime and the best in the game.

Here is the question you have to ask yourself:

By dropping LT would you get a player of equal or greater value in the first?

The answer is no. You actually have a shot getting Smith back in the second. There is no way you can dump one of the top 3 backs (Shaun Alexander, LT, and Larry Johnson). All are in their prime and the best in the game.

I was thinking the same thing last night. After re-reading the OP and seeing that there will only be a total of 10 players kept (???) I would certainly think that Smith could be there at the 13th pick. There's just too much value in LT to even think about giving him up.

Either of those backs would be great. I think this is the year that Jackson breaks out and giving up a second round pick for him sounds sweet but not as sweet as LT with the 8th pick. I would look and see what the drop off is going to be from 8th to 13th pick. If there was a player out there that you could really use between 8-13 it might be worth going with Jackson. But that would have to be a very special player.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222758