Sign in to follow this  
chrisdur

Draft Philosophy for Number 1 Pick

I am curious about how some of you would handle this situation...my draft is next weekend.

I am in a 12 team, 1 player keeper league that is head to head format. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. My team was horrible last year and because you are not allowed to keep a player for more than a year, my keeper this year is Kevin Jones (okay but not great by any stretch). I have the first pick in the draft this year and am 99.9% sure I will be drafting Tomlinson with the pick. Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander and being kept by their owners.

My next picks will be 24 and 25 and I am wondering what strategy people would take with these picks. I am leaning to taking 2 WR with the second option being WR and QB. I think I will have a better chance getting my QB at picks 48 and 49.

Please let me know what you think and any other advice you would have when picking number 1. This is a first for me. Since I have so much time between picks, there seems to be many risks.

You have the right idea, Tomlinson and KJ won't be sharing carries, and good QB's can be found deep in the draft. Good Luck