Sign in to follow this  
bhale

Accept this trade for Peyton Manning?

I've been proposed a trade giving me Manning and Derrick Mason. I would give up Tom Brady and Willis McGahee.

My other RBs in a 2RB starter league are Shaun Alexander, Chester Taylor, DeShaun Foster and Ahman Green.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

bhale

what do you have at WR? manning for brady is actually pretty much a wash... making it a mcgahee for mason deal... which is pretty lousy unless you're desperate for WR help. whats your complete lineup look like?

I have nothing at WR which is the reason I'm considering it.

Here they are:

- Reggie Brown

- Eddie Kennison

- Deion Branch

Thanks!

Also, any thoughts on holding on to Branch given the holdout?

funny you should ask... i've got a thread goin about branch myself. he's still available in my draft at round 11. debating whether or not to take the gamble.

considering who you've got at WR, you might want to take the option. you're deep enough at RB to still start Alexander and Taylor or Foster. (Foster and Green are injury risks but unless they both go down you'll be ok.)

ALTERNATIVE: announce to the league that Tom Brady is up for trade... looking for WR help. See if you can get a better WR option (maybe Driver or Wayne.) If you've gotta trade a RB, try to get rid of Foster or Green instead of Mcgahee. See if anyone is willing to deal, and check out who they might be able to swap QB wise... if you can take a slight hit at QB to maybe eli, bulger, culpepper and come away with a solid starting WR too, you'd be in great shape.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

1) I agree. I must stick with Branch at least until the season starts. Worst case, I grab Troy Williamson or Antonio Bryant out of the FA pool.

2) Skittles, that's an interesting idea about dangling Brady. I've got Drew Bledsoe as my backup, which is pretty ridiculous in a 12 team league. Brady must get me a top flight WR though. No less than Chad Johnson, Torry Holt etc. I assume?

3) You think he'd take Chester Taylor? I happen to be a fan, but I don't think there's enough hype around Chester Taylor to get someone to bite. Realistically, I could even deal two of my RBs as we only have 2 bench players in my league.

The real question is, with Tom Brady being a great option at QB, do I need to trade a #2RB for a mediocre (althouth stable) WR?