Sign in to follow this  
Xtreme Colts Fan

WR going First two Picks?

My first 7 picks are 12, 18, 23, 32, 38, 43, 49. With this set up, I know that 11 of the first 12 will be RBs. Should I try going WR/WR/WR, then RB/RB/QB/TE? Then I could wind up with something like Holt/Johnson/Marvin with my top 3 picks and build Rb's around it? I get to start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. Anyone like that strategy?

i really think you have to have a solid RB, not necessarily a great one, but one that will help anchor your team with some consistent points. i say 1st round take a RB and then with your second round pick you should take the best available, whether it be a RB/WR or even a QB. Odds are someone will take Manning or maybe a wideout early, so you might get a pretty good RB that will fall to you that first round.

No dont do this. You will leave yourself so thin at the RB spot you will have a really bad year. Make sure at least one if not two are RB's. There are going to be some decent RB's left at 12. Addai or Cad Williams or maybe even a Edge could still be there. Go RB/WR/RB and you will still end up with a quality WR and 2 RB's that could put up some decent numbers.

My first 7 picks are 12, 18, 23, 32, 38, 43, 49. With this set up, I know that 11 of the first 12 will be RBs. Should I try going WR/WR/WR, then RB/RB/QB/TE? Then I could wind up with something like Holt/Johnson/Marvin with my top 3 picks and build Rb's around it? I get to start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. Anyone like that strategy?

I don't have a 1st round pick....I'm in a 10 team league...My first pick is 12

I traded my first rounder and some late picks and got extra 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounders

this year might have been a decent year to do that, grab a RB with the 12th and maybe even the 18th pick, then a stud WR at 23rd. then the next 3 picks grab a stud QB and whomever is left at WR or RB that is best available. should field a solid team that way i would think. as long as you draft the best available for most of those 3rd/4th round picks you will at least have some solid trade bait.

I wouldn't go with 3 WRs right away, but I might try to steal one of the elite WRs with the 12 pick. That might start a run on WRs with the other guys, and with the 18 pick, you might be able to get a lower-first tier RB or a high second-tier RB. Then with the 23, you could target Peyton Manning if he's available, or another second-tier RB. Besides, with the way some of these elite WRs are panning out now, with injuries and holdouts, that position doesn't seem so deep at the very top.

I like the idea of getting WR combo of Chad Johnson/Torry Holt, But does anyone else think he can get WR like that in rounds 4 or 5????