Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

What to do with Portis?

I've been checking out recent drafts, and depth charts, etc. and it seems that Portis' stock is REALLY falling. I originally didnt think the injury was anything to worry about, but seeing this is making me think about unloading him while I can.

My Roster

QB- Brady

Bledsoe

RB- LJ

Portis

McGahee

Fred Taylor

WR- Chambers

Wayne

Branch

Evans

Porter

Lelie

TE- Shockey

DEF/ST- Tampa Bay

Washington

K- Nate Kaeding

We're pretty much a standard scoring 10 team league with Rush/Rec stats outweighing passing, the usual. No PPR.

Any ideas on what to do with Portis? Any supporters that say keep him? Anyone with info I may have missed on the injury? Any potential deals I could package to move him and bring back something good in return?

Also, I was thinking of maybe offering Portis for one of the "potential" backs that are being taken so high this year: Brown, Sjax, you know the drill. Good idea? Bad idea?

Just any input at all would be appreciated because I traded away my depth after the draft thinking an LJ/Portis backfield would be unstoppable and now I'm kind of stuck. Thanks.

I'm a newbie to this forum but have been playing fantasy for a couple of years, I think your line up looks pretty deep as it is, so gambling on Portis seems ok....personally i would love to have ronnie instead of portis but only on a straight up deal and i'm not sure your competitor would go with that......I worry about portis and his situation but I just don't think you will get enough right now for him.....anyway, thats my opinion for what is worth

I've been checking out recent drafts, and depth charts, etc. and it seems that Portis' stock is REALLY falling. I originally didnt think the injury was anything to worry about, but seeing this is making me think about unloading him while I can.

My Roster

QB- Brady

Bledsoe

RB- LJ

Portis

McGahee

Fred Taylor

WR- Chambers

Wayne

Branch

Evans

Porter

Lelie

TE- Shockey

DEF/ST- Tampa Bay

Washington

K- Nate Kaeding

We're pretty much a standard scoring 10 team league with Rush/Rec stats outweighing passing, the usual. No PPR.

Any ideas on what to do with Portis? Any supporters that say keep him? Anyone with info I may have missed on the injury? Any potential deals I could package to move him and bring back something good in return?

Also, I was thinking of maybe offering Portis for one of the "potential" backs that are being taken so high this year: Brown, Sjax, you know the drill. Good idea? Bad idea?

Just any input at all would be appreciated because I traded away my depth after the draft thinking an LJ/Portis backfield would be unstoppable and now I'm kind of stuck. Thanks.

It is going to be a long season and sooner or later portis will get better. It is not like you are without any backs to fill in for a few week, you are not in dire need.

Also the O.C. for washington is A. Saunders, his last job was o.c. for the cheifs, Portis could become the next P. Holmes...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224247

i have portis in my dynasty league and i'm not worried at all. even if he loses some carries, think of it as Holmes letting LJ have some carries at the beginning of last year (Saunders wuz their OC in case you forgot). Holmes still got plenty of touches and chances, just got spelled once in a while. Portis just dislocated his shoulder, they popped it back in right away and are giving him the rest of the preseason to rest and heal. If you start throwing out Trade offers involving Portis now, everyone will know you're panicking and will fleece you.

See, I know about Al Saunders and Washington adding the WR help and I expected a huge year from Portis this year. That's why I made sure I got him, and then he went down in the preseason. Everyone says the shoulder thing will nag him all year, and they brought in Duckett who always steals goalline carries. So I think that hurts Portis even if he DOES get healthy. That's why I'm debating on moving him while I can for someone who is still really high on him. Any ideas as to what his value is? Or if not, what on my roster you think could be moved to bring in Duckett.?

from Yahoo! Sports site (not sure if this is helpful to you or not):

Aug 24: Head coach Joe Gibbs said Portis' rehab is ahead of schedule and that he expects the running back to be starting in Week 1, the Washington Post reports.

Recommendation: Portis is known as a quick healer and has been able to play through pain in the past. But with the addition of T.J. Duckett it is obvious the Redskins are concerned about Portis' shoulder possibly being an issue the entire season.

i agree with mccombsau that "I worry about portis and his situation but I just don't think you will get enough right now for him"

:dunno:

By the way, good call on the not throwing out trade offers. For some reason I hadnt really even considered that. Still though, Duckett would be nice insurance, any ideas?

it all depends on what the duckett owner wants/needs :dunno:

The Duckett owners roster looks like this:

QB- Culpepper

RB- Edge

RB/WR- Kevin Jones

WR- C.Johnson

WR- Galloway

TE- Heap

DEF- Bears

K- Vanderjagt

Bench- R.Williams, Chester Taylor, Duckett, Drew Bennet, Jerramy Stevens, Chris Perry, Duce Staley, and Steve McNair

Any possibilities for a Duckett trade there?

if that r. williams is THE STicky Williams then this is a dynasty league, boy did you overreact in trying to trade portis ;) As for the trade, you can try the actual Lelie for duckett trade, then possibly throw porter @ him. if he insists on someone better, only offer up branch or evans along with porter or lelie and make sure you get bennett or galloway back with duckett. I'm not so high on duckett, i think he'll max out around 5 td's if he becomes a vulture, they still have betts who is always raved about by the coaches

It's not sticky ricky, its Roy lol. If this were a dynasty league I wouldnt even consider trading Portis. But it's not, so I thought it was at least worth a look. Am I crazy for wanting to bring in Duckett as insurance or what does everyone think? Because as much as they run in Washington, Duckett will be huge if Portis is injured. Or will Betts still be the guy?