Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

My first $ draft of the season....

Scooter I love this team from the 6th hole! I was laying in bed last night thinking about the 5th - 7th and I'm going to have to go with Jordan pick also

Rb's - I like these guys alot

Jordan - was a good play here

Dunn - he will get your yards/receptions and some decent td's for you

Fred - watched him this weekend and man he still looks real good

MKBIII - whoops that was a slip (wonder what ever happened to that fella?) anyway I thought he looked real solid also and this should be the gl guy also that never hurts

Jerious Norwood my boy in the 12th :blink: - great pickup especially having dunn

I'm giving your rb's an A

WR's - Huge wr corps you developed here!

Fitz, TO, DD, Matt Jones, Troy Williamson! you have the freakin' #1 receiver for each respected team :mad: Excellent decision going with TO also - too much reward if it works out

WR's = AAAAA

QB - If Warner can stay healthy, he should have some huge games, if he goes down, you only have the most exciting QB in the league to watch!

I like both of these guys also

TE - Uh not huge names but they should be productive, I like Ben Troupe better than Watson only because Tennessee should be chucking that ball a lot more - - you know since there defense has been awarded Jocstrap's worst defense in preseason!

Overall I think you have put yourself in a very competive position :clap: . You just can't help it if you go against one of the big three and LT scores 4 td's against you. Great team and potential though.

My big money draft is this Saturday and man I'm pumped - even had a dream about it last night! Go Mississippi State Thursday ESPN against South Carolina! I'll be there baby!

Thanks man...very happy to get this feedback.

The funny thing is (as you can tell from my tone) I thought this was a somewhat weak draft.

I cannot wait for week 1 to come so I know if Owens is a blessing or a curse. If he is the guy I think he'll be, with Glenn blowing up in the preseason, he might get single coverage. Wow.

That pick is a season difference maker, but I made sure to get Jones and Williamson just in case...worst case scenario I lose Owens altogether and Matt Jones and his 10 TD season work out just fine.

Not that I think that will happen, but stranger things have...

Nice draft Scoot. You really nailed some great value there.

My first $ draft was Sunday. Wild scoring format with all TDs worth 6 9 or 12 points based on distance under 10 yds, 10+ yds & 40+ yds. DOUBLE it if it's a RB that catches a TD pass or WR that runs one in etc.

Normal yardage scoring

No PPR.

1 QB: Peyton Manning/Bledsoe/Simms

2 RB: Lamont Jordan/Westbrook/Thomas Jones/Joseph Addai/Dominic Rhodes

3 WR: Ward/Driver/Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis/Wilford

1 TE: Heap/Cooley (watson went early) :dunno:

I'm not thrilled about the Wilford pick. I pulled a complete brain cramp on that pick as I didn't realize Dieon Branch was still available. :headbanger:

This is why I wanted to play with people who know their stuff. It's like this every year in the rape of my big $ league.

Nice draft Scoot. You really nailed some great value there.

My first $ draft was Sunday. Wild scoring format with all TDs worth 6 9 or 12 points based on distance under 10 yds, 10+ yds & 40+ yds. DOUBLE it if it's a RB that catches a TD pass or WR that runs one in etc.

Normal yardage scoring

No PPR.

1 QB: Peyton Manning/Bledsoe/Simms

2 RB: Lamont Jordan/Westbrook/Thomas Jones/Joseph Addai/Dominic Rhodes

3 WR: Ward/Driver/Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis/Wilford

1 TE: Heap/Cooley (watson went early) :sleep:

I'm not thrilled about the Wilford pick. I pulled a complete brain cramp on that pick as I didn't realize Dieon Branch was still available. :rolleyes:

This is why I wanted to play with people who know their stuff. It's like this every year in the rape of my big $ league.

I like the team. Interesting format. Ward/Driver/RBrown is solid and you managed to have depth at RB despite the PManning curse...

Where'd you get who and how many teams? Jordan 1.xx, Manning 2.xx, Westy 3.xx?

How is that possible? :sleep:

My big money draft is this Saturday and man I'm pumped - even had a dream about it last night! Go Mississippi State Thursday ESPN against South Carolina! I'll be there baby!

Can't wait to see how you did...

Scoot, I look forward to seeing how that team works out. It seems like you rolled the dice with some risk and upside in mind(and some picks with little thought in mind), but right now its tough to tell. I mean, at the beginning of a football season, Kurt Warner is always looking good. So are the Raiders and Lamont Jordan. After 6 or 7 games?....who knows? But this team could stink as much as my own in the JP league, so Im glad to see you draft such a potentially miserable squad....... :cheers: :dunno: :D

By the way, Ill be back in the fold full-time around this joint, so the rest of you scrubs need to tighten up! We're all 0-0 right now, so let's stop sucking each others DI@#s already. If youre any one of the teams WITHOUT Carson Palmer on your team right now, youre simply a hopeful! Nice pick, Sweet.

Scoot, I look forward to seeing how that team works out. It seems like you rolled the dice with some risk and upside in mind(and some picks with little thought in mind), but right now its tough to tell. I mean, at the beginning of a football season, Kurt Warner is always looking good. So are the Raiders and Lamont Jordan. After 6 or 7 games?....who knows? But this team could stink as much as my own in the JP league, so Im glad to see you draft such a potentially miserable squad....... :pointstosky: ;) :D

By the way, Ill be back in the fold full-time around this joint, so the rest of you scrubs need to tighten up! We're all 0-0 right now, so let's stop sucking each others DI@#s already. If youre any one of the teams WITHOUT Carson Palmer on your team right now, youre simply a hopeful! Nice pick, Sweet.

Speak for yourself. I'm 1-0 right now with a gimme this week against (how do you spell it?) A-C-E. Gotta talk slowley for some people here.

I like the team. Interesting format. Ward/Driver/RBrown is solid and you managed to have depth at RB despite the PManning curse...

Where'd you get who and how many teams? Jordan 1.xx, Manning 2.xx, Westy 3.xx?

How is that possible? ;)

Before you ask...NO YOU MAY NOT JOIN MY EZ $100 LEAGUE!!! :P

They always let me draft Westy in the 4th to 5th round each year. I don't know why no one wants the kid when a receiving TD is worth double. It helps knowing how they draft.

Just a 10 teamer. It's a 1 keeper format where you can't franchise the same player two years in a row. I franchised Peyton and had the 3rd pick. (1&2 were Tomlinson & S. Alexander)

Franchise Peyton

2.03 Lamont Jordan

3.07 Ward

4.03 Westy

5.07 Driver

6.03 Addai

7.07 T Jones

8.03 Heap (I was beginning to think he was injured. around the 7th TE taken)

9.07 D Rhodes

10.03 Bledsoe

11.07 R Brown

12.03 Cooley

etc...

One other team I really like has:

Palmer, McNabb, Frye

Shaun Alexander, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, Jacobs & Jerome Harrison

Randy Moss, Roy Williams, Matt Jones, Coles & Branch

Gonzo & Alex Smith

I can see us clashing in the playoffs this year.

I can't wait to see what you come up with in the WCOFF. I've wanted to play in that very badly ever since it's inception. Most likely join next year.

Good luck!

Hey Guys - just got back in town and drafted in my 12 team - $400.00 entry - BIG BOY

pretty normal scoring 4 pass td - 6 for all rushing/receiving - a few bonus pts awarded

11th pick!

1 - Mcgahee

2- Steve Smith (1st wr available on the board - I'm going with Smith)

3- Kevin Jones - very excited with all the touches in preseason - all aboard

4- Reggie Wayne

5- reuben droughns

6 - thomas jones

7- matt jones

8- reggie brown

9 - AARON BROOKS :first: - oh lord, please be a kind ffgod

10- Brandon Jacobs - he's on both leagues!

11- Troy Williamson

12- Lawrence Tynes - yea baby this league and that league!

13- David Carr - yea baby this league and that league!

14 - Greg Jennings - :shocking:

15- TB defense!

OK that's my big team - if you leave a team I'll jocstrap analyze it - Steel I'll comment on yours in a little while! WE ARE CLOSE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Hey Guys - just got back in town and drafted in my 12 team - $400.00 entry - BIG BOY

pretty normal scoring 4 pass td - 6 for all rushing/receiving - a few bonus pts awarded

11th pick!

1 - Mcgahee

4- Reggie Wayne

5- reuben droughns

6 - thomas jones

7- matt jones

8- reggie brown

9 - AARON BROOKS :banana: - oh lord, please be a kind ffgod

11- Troy Williamson

14 - Greg Jennings - :dunno:

15- TB defense!

OK that's my big team - if you leave a team I'll jocstrap analyze it - Steel I'll comment on yours in a little while! WE ARE CLOSE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doublethumbsup:

Love the RB depth. 4 starters out of the gate is quite a luxury. Are you starting Thomas Jones week 1 against GB? I'm plugging him in over Lamont Jordan.

WR are very strong. I'm high on all of them except the shrimp, but he's still good enough to be somebody's #1.

Even if Brooks flops, you have enough fire power to make a move for another QB.

GL Jocularities! (Don't worry about rating my team. I'm happy with it & no one really cares.)

11th pick!

1 - Mcgahee

4- Reggie Wayne

5- reuben droughns

6 - thomas jones

7- matt jones

8- reggie brown

9 - AARON BROOKS :first: - oh lord, please be a kind ffgod

11- Troy Williamson

14 - Greg Jennings - :shocking:

15- TB defense!

OK that's my big team - if you leave a team I'll jocstrap analyze it - Steel I'll comment on yours in a little while! WE ARE CLOSE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

this team is in more trouble than my own team in THIS league. McGahee as a lead back is weak. Smith has double hamstrings. KJones on any team is asking for trouble. So both of your backs so far are on teams that will combine to win less than 10 games, so theyll see very few 2nd half rushing #s because theyll constantly be playing from behind. But youve got Droughns though, and he plays for a winner......oh never mind. I love Wayne in the 4th.....thats major value. he's a #1 imo, so even without Smith youre good there with he, Matt Jones and Brown. TJones.....could have upside again......I like that pick in the 6th. Brooks and Carr as your Qs???...are you kidding me? Do you just crave players on horrible teams that put up solely garbage #s?? I mean #s are #s, but those guys' teams absolutely suck. Good D pick with Tampa. So all in all, Id say less than average RBs, above avg WRs with big upside IF Smith actually plays this year, and absolutely horrible QBs. Like I said....I think youre kindof in trouble. good luck there with that one, Joc.