Sign in to follow this  
ReigningChamp

ADVICE FOR UNUSUAL DRAFT

I have the 5th pick in an 18 team league in a few days, and I really have no idea how this draft is going to turn out. Obviously with 18 teams all the major contributors will be gone quickly so the later rounds will be vital.

Also, all TDs are worth 6 pts so QBs will go pretty quickly. And this is NOT a PPR league.

We start-

QB- 1

RB- 1

RB/WR- 3

WR- 1

TE- 1

K- 1

Def.- 1

I have picks 5, 32, 41, 68, 77, 104, 113, 140, 149, and so on.

If I don't make any trades I am looking at Tiki, Ronnie Brown, or Steven Jackson at 5, and then with #32 either another RB like Chester Taylor/Willie Parker/Frank Gore or if the later picks haven't taken them all a Top Tier WR. With this scoring system and # of teams I don't know if I should go RB,RB,WR,QB or some other combination of picks.

I am now thinking that with so many teams the scoring will be widely spread out...so if I can trade 2 later picks (maybe the 4th round-#68 and 7th Round-#113) for pick #20 or 25 then I would have picks 5, 20/25, 32, and 41...which means I could get a solid RB at 5, a Top Tier WR at 20/25, and then a decent RB2 and QB with #s 32 and 41 ( or maybe even Antonio Gates at 32 and my QB at 41...which means I would have a Top RB, Top WR, Top TE, and decent QB on my roster. I know I would lack depth with the loss of my other 2 picks, but like I said...the chance of having 3 or 4 stars on my roster with so many teams in the league sounds like the way to go. Of course this is all only possible if I can get someone to trade me their 2nd round pick.

I posted on this forum a few weeks ago looking for advice on what to do with an 18 team league, and all I got were responses from people saying to get the hell out of the league...wow, really helpful stuff! This is a league full of my friends, and I think it is going to be pretty exciting to play a league where the rosters aren't full of superstars, and you have to know that much more about all the other role-players around the league.

Anyone with some helpful advice is VERY WELCOME!!!

Finally, is there a way to keep this post on the front page for at least a few days so it doesn't get buried too quickly? I am hoping that there is some kind of option to "refresh" it from time to time.

Thanks