Sign in to follow this  
NMK

WR Advice

OK, my team isn't too bad, but I am weak at the WR position. In my draft I focused on RBs, QB and TE. By the time i was into round 5 all the good WR were gone. All of my WRs are sleepers. I have 5 but need to cut it down to 4 so that I can pick up a kicker. These are my 5 wideouts. Who is the odd man out?

Derrick Mason-Baltimore

Matt Jones-Jacksonville

Troy Williamson-Minnesota

Michael Clayton-Tampa Bay

Roddy White-Atlanta

tough call, huh?

I like Mason since he's reuinited with McNair in Bal. I think Matt Jones will be Leftwich's #1 option since Jimmy Smith is retired. With Koren Robinson getting cut, Williamson is looking like the #1 option for Minnesota. Clayton was huge 2 years ago but injured last year. Roddy White is supposedly Vick's go-to guy with Finneran out for the season.

Clearly all of these guys have something going for them, but someone's gotta go, who's it gonna be?

Axe Roddy, vick is vick, don't matter if rice was there....QBs make the WR and Vick can't pass a lick. Imagine Crumplers numbers and divide that by 2, thats what any top WR on the falcons will have.

yeah I'm not completely sold on Vick. However, I do believe that he can do things that no other QB in the league can do, and that if you give him a decent target at WR he can put up some numbers. The truth is that Vick has never really had a good receiver to throw to. I'm wondering if Roddy White is the guy.

You guys are concerned about Mike Vick, which is fair, but what about Brad Johnson? He's not a great fantasy QB and Minnesota wideouts struggle because of that.

Its down to White or Williamson. Who has the bigger upside? Its a close call. Even if you don't like Vick he has way more big game potential then Johnson. Let me know.