Sign in to follow this  
z00g

DeAngelo v Ahman Green?

12-team League starting 2RB, 2WR, 2QB, TE, K, D. Extra emphasis on quarterbacks (which I don't like at all), less on receivers. I'm thinking RB-RB-WR-QB-WR-QB for the first six rounds, hoping that the reduced focus on receivers will get me a Donald Driver or Plax or Roy Williams in round 5; don't like the idea of reaching to round 4 for a QB at all though.

Here's the question: with pick no.7, I plan on going RB. There's a grand total of three bench spots available, meaning I've got to do 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 QB for those spots unless I want to sacrifice a week (been going through scenarios, none of them too appealing). I'm thinking Gore, Bush, Jamal, Dillon, will all be gone by now, not that I'm overly high on any of them. RB pickings are bound to be slim by this point, but I'm banking on Ahman Green still being around...

Supposing Green and DeAngelo are both available. Who do I go with?

Green - A starter, good player with easy schedule and promising return from injury. However, two recent bad seasons. Pack O-line questionable...new zone-blocking scheme said to be better fit, but o-line quality has looked not too good this preseason. Also catches passes, but has Gado/Davenport stealing touches and may still be injury risk?

D Williams - Not a starter, but may just take over for DeShaun Foster at some point this season, if Foster gets hurt. Also returning kicks - 20yds/point, 6 for TD on returns, so he could be a good fill-in in my top two RB's bye weeks with the upside of being a possible starter. But how many kick return yards do you think he's going to get per game? 60 would be pretty good on any given day, which is just 3 points here. Or am I off-base?

Or is there a better option I haven't thought of that may last to round 7? I'm pretty sure I have to go with the QB for round 6, because the league is QB7 and pickings may be very slim by round 7, but I may consider switching these two picks around and hoping Bledsoe or Plummer are still around in round 7.

After watching the GB game the other day I would probably go with Williams (who already has a preseason KR td). I think his upside is much better than Green's. However, I don't really think either is worthy of a 7th round pick. I would suggest hoping that someone better is still availible and if not, deviating from your plan. Other possible options: Mike Bell, C. Benson or T. Jones (not likely but he fell this far in my league, depends on how good your league is), Wali Lundy, Travis Henry. This would also depend on whether you are using this pick for a #3 RB or a #4. If #3 I would go Green (or another of the starters I mentioned) just because you probably want some sure yardage.

Thanks for mine. (Good point about having Dunn and Crumpler both starting) could be an issue. I never thought of that.

Anyway, about yours. I think it depends what your other RB's are going to be. If you have 2 quality starters then you might be able to afford getting a D.Williams and hope he starts later. Or you might want to start off with the sure starter in Green.

But I agree with the other guy, dont limit yourself to just those 2 scenarios. See who else is available like Henry or Lundi.

Good Luck.