Sign in to follow this  
ShannonBerens

Cedric Benson or Tatum Bell

I'm in my husband's fantasy league, as a first timer, so I obviously have to do well against all the guys ;)

A few questions...

I have Ladainian Tomlinson, Cedric Benson and Tatum Bell. Do I start Benson or Bell with Tomlinson? (For week one, Benson's @ GB, Bell's @ StL)

Here is my team in a 12 team league. Are there any players who could/should be dropped in favor of a lesser known or new talent who may still be available? I am thrilled to have Johnson and Tomlinson, but I'm not as thrilled about a couple of my back-up's. (Thank you SO much in advance)

QB Roethlisberger

QB Leftwich

RB Tomlinson

RB T. Bell

RB C. Benson

WR Chad Johnson (WHO-DEY!!!)

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Antonio Bryant

WR Travis Taylor

TE Ben Watson

TE Leonard Pope

K Shayne Graham

K Matt Bryant

D Indy and Miami

~Shannon~

If Bell and Benson are your only options I would start Bell against Stl. Is there any way you can drop pope or a k or d for some depth at rb? Who are the rb free agents in your league? You also might want to put together a deal for Mike Bell or Thomas jones to ensure you have a #2 back.

Thank you Barlow32. Mike Bell and Thomas Jones are drafted. I don't think we can trade in a D, TE or K for a RB. If we can, is it worth it to do that and not have a player at that position for their BYE weeks? Here are the top ranked RB FA's in my league:

Mike Anderson

Stephen Davis

Samkon Gado

Mewelde Moore

TJ Duckett

Marion Barbar

Michael Turner

Maurice Hicks

Again, thank you for any help :)

WHO-DEY!

~Shannon~

If you can drop someone and pick up barber I would. When it comes time for a bye week you can also pick up a replacement player for that week and then drop him. Most ffplayers don't carry backup TE's, K's, or def unless the league rules state you must. I also might try to trade Tatum to the mike bell owner or Benson to the jones owner and try to get a better 2nd back.

Good luck

If you can, I'd drop your backup K and D to pick up some depth at RB. You can then switch out for K/Dst during their bye weeks with somebody on your roster that isn't performing as you had hoped.

I just had an autodraft where I had to pick up 2K, 2TE and 2DST - as soon as the draft was over, I dropped my backup K/TE/DST to pickup more depth at WR and RB. I'm quite happy with the team. See above post for who to pick up, I think his suggestions are spot on. Good luck and welcome to FF :rolleyes:

Allow me to futher complicate things if I may...

My husband is the League Commissioner and as the busy-body wife, I feel inclined to stick my nose in. Our league has not set ANY rules about #1. Picking up players in alternate positions (i.e. dropping a K for an extra RB) or #2. A supplemental draft to pick up an extra player at any other position you desire.

I called some players in our league tonight and we all have differing opinions on what rules we should adopt. We all want SOME rule on additional players, but disagree on what to adopt. This is my hubby's first managed league and I don't think he thought everything through 100% before we started. So, for all you FF veterans, what works best? A supplemental draft for any player? A policy to drop a player at a position and pick up any FA in another position and then acquire future players to cover during a BYE week? BOTH options? I personally want to drop a TE, K or D for some depth at RB, but some people I talked to wanted a supplemental draft instead. Do most League Managers dictate this or is a vote in order since we have already drafted without establishing one of these rules? I feel like a huge clueless pain in the ass, but I want to take my case to my League Manager (hubby), so I need to know what works best before I ask (i.e. demand) a rule change.

Sorry I require so much help and thank you for indulging me. The hubby is at work and I want to be prepared when I state my case when he gets home from work. Ahh, women - we're a hassle, huh?

Much thanks for anyone taking the time to read and respond :rolleyes:

~Shannon~

I WOULD DROP BENSON FOR MARION BARBER . IF YOU CAN DROP A KICKER THAN DO THAT THOUGH . YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A KICKER FOR A BYE WEEK ( KOENEN FROM ATLANTA MAY BE 1 )OUR WAIVER WIRE IS OPEN GAME RIGHT NOW . WHEN THE SEASON STARTS IT WILL GO IN REVERSE ORDER OF STANDINGS . IF YOU ARE ON A WEBSITE YOU CAN SET IT UP THAT WAY .

I TOO HAVE ONLY BEEN IN 1 OTHER LEAGUE A COUPLE YEARS AGO WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE . THERE IS ALOT OF HELP HERE . WATCH FOR FAMILIAR NAMES .BEST OF LUCK !! I HOPE THIS HELPS

I AGREE WITH WHO-DEY FROM N. KY.

:doublethumbsup: