Sign in to follow this  
dutch24

Add/Drop Advice

Hello All,

First time caller (this year) long time listener.

I am in a 12 team redraft work league that has been going for seven years. This year the only day everyone could attend a live draft was on Aug 12 ( I know way too early). As you can tell from my topic I need to adress Mr. DDavis' knee injury. My RB's are as follows:

R Brown

D Davis(IR)

Chester Taylor

K Barlow

M Bell

M Bennett

B Jacobs

Because D Davis went on IR before the season started I have an emergency pickup before week 1 (new rule due to early draft) and I need some solid advice.

Option 1: W. Lundy, the safer pick, more guaranteed carries, but I feel I have similar options in M Bell and K Barlow. Probably will split carries, Houston probably will pick up another back from somewhere.

Option 2: J Norwood, not going to replace Dunn, less guaranteed carries but HUGE upside if Dunn misses time.

Please don't think I am crying about DDavis. I knew the risks when I took him so this is not a pity post. I am trying to think two steps ahead. If I take Norwood, everyone else in my league will be blinded by the Lundy hype and scramble to pick him up after week 1. This could lead to some potential solid pickups sliding to me after week 1.

D. Gabriel?

C. Cobbs?

Miami backup RB?

Houston waiver wire RB?

Grab Lundy. You can always drop Bennett to grab someone after week 1. I'm not saying Lundy will be a stud but you'll be kicking yourself if he is because you could have had him for free. Norwood has more talent but needs dunn to go down. It's lundy's job to lose..