Sign in to follow this  
gobuckeyes

Edge vs. ARZ recievers

Dennis Green said today that Edge will see 30 touches a game. Now of course we know reality may be quite different based on the quality of the ARZ line, but nevertheless the Cards have plenty of wepons to get the ball to this year, where as last it was mostly on the shoulders of Fitz and Bolden. I figure that one of the latter two guys is going to have a bit of a down season as ARZ focuses on one as the "go to guy". Who will it be? Fitz is the big money guy, but Bolden has proven over the past few seasons that he is a gamer and should not be counted out. Who do you think is the stud WR in the desert?

Denny is known for being pass-happy, and that line sucks bong water. Advantage Fitzquan

both of them. they are 1.5a and 1.5a2

I dont see their numbers changing much if anything I see fitz having a slightly worse year than boldin not by much edge will take some tds from him. boldin will get his hes a beast he will run through six players if he has to. and hes targeted more often.

boldin 1300 8

fitz 1200 7

As an Edge owner, I would love to see him get 30 touches per game.

As a realist, he'll average 22-24 combined touches per game.

Dennis Green said today that Edge will see 30 touches a game. Now of course we know reality may be quite different based on the quality of the ARZ line, but nevertheless the Cards have plenty of wepons to get the ball to this year, where as last it was mostly on the shoulders of Fitz and Bolden. I figure that one of the latter two guys is going to have a bit of a down season as ARZ focuses on one as the "go to guy". Who will it be? Fitz is the big money guy, but Bolden has proven over the past few seasons that he is a gamer and should not be counted out. Who do you think is the stud WR in the desert?

Unless you include the number of times Edge is hit by defenders as touches, then he won't ever see 30 touches per game in ARI. He'll be lucky to see 20 carries. Dennis Green loves to pass, always has passed more than run. Many other factors show that ARI will be a pass happy team, such as a weaker defense, a good pass blocking line / poor run blocking line. They will be having to shoot it out against any team that is at least a .500 team.

I see Edge as being a decoy, and Boldin and Fitz doing better cause of it, keep in mind this is Fitz's 3rd year, and if you check back in recent history, most high profile receivers break out between years 3-6. I see Fitz ending the year #1 with 1500 / 15 type numbers, and Boldin being slightly under him but a beast as well with 1300 / 11. Edge will be around 1000 yds rush, 7 td's. He might just barely get 275 carries, but that's only cause they will get a lead against their softer opponents, and be able to run the clock out.

30+ carries against SF? Possible..... but it's gonna be 15-20 against any decent teams.

JMHO

30+ carries against SF? Possible..... but it's gonna be 15-20 against any decent teams.

I see this as the key. Gameplan dictated by opponent. Running game will get shutdown more often than not because of the moribund O-line. This week, Edge will shine.

I don't think Edge will be as bad off this year as people think. His numbers (td's mainly) will drop some, but I don't think he'll be as big of bust as some people are saying. Denny does like to throw the ball a lot, but Robert Smith had some pretty decent years (when he actually played) while they were chucking the ball to Randy. That O-line was nothing to brag about either.

I say they all see a dip in stats.