Hey everyone,

Just got offered a trade:

Peyton Manning

Cadillac Williams

Frank Gore

for

Larry Johnson

Donovan McNabb

Besides Larry, my other RB's are pretty weak (best is Kevin Jones).

What do y'all think?

Call me crazy, but I just might do that if I were you. Normally I would never trade away what could be the best fantasy player in the league this year, but you get the best qb in Manning and someone who I think will be a very strong back in Caddy (hopefully no sophomore slump). And you still got K. Jones who I think will do well and catch a lot of balls and Gore. It may be against conventionaly wisdom, but I love taking chances like that in fantasy football. I'd do it.

Please look at mine:

Mine Please Look]My Question[/url]

Tough one, but at the end I cant part ways with the best player in Ffootball LJ. McNabb will be a solid qb week in and week out. Manning is the only player I really trust of the other 3. Cadillac is solid but week in and week out "I dont know"and then deep in the season when it counts in your league playoffs, real gamble. Gore is the wildcard.

First it depends on your scoring system for Qbs...but I would really consider taking Manning if it is a 6pts per TD pass...I think Gore is a huge sleeper and Caddy is a first round back. LJ is unproven through a whole year, the are missing Roaf, Richardson and Vermil who's pass calling schemes worried opponents. Now Herman Edwards is a ball control coach and LJ will see more 8 man fronts.

Last point...One player will not win you a championship....this trade give you two first round picks.

Don't make this trade. Caddy has only been healthy for an enitire season once in the last 5 years, and that is when he spilt carries with Ronnie.

Gore could break out, but the SF offense is a serious handicap.

Your improvement at QB (who else do you have) probably won't make up for the downgrade of letting go of a true stud RB.

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtop...e4406d07a73222c

Hey everyone,

Just got offered a trade:

Peyton Manning

Cadillac Williams

Frank Gore

for

Larry Johnson

Donovan McNabb

Besides Larry, my other RB's are pretty weak (best is Kevin Jones).

What do y'all think?

Are you smoking the crack again? Peyton Manning = McNabb, basically the same numbers....now you are basically trading LJ for Cadillac and Gore...who combined didn't put up the numbers LJ did in only 10 Games last year....PUT THE PIPE DOWN, DO NOT TRADE LJ for a 2nd year RB and an unproven starter....

i'd do it. in terms of ADP you're getting the 11th, 12th and 45th choices for the 1st and 55th

if you consider mcnabb/gore a wash you have to ask yourself, "would i have traded the #1 for the 11th+12th?"

it's not a slamdunk yes, but i would.

i'd do it. in terms of ADP you're getting the 11th, 12th and 45th choices for the 1st and 55th

if you consider mcnabb/gore a wash you have to ask yourself, "would i have traded the #1 for the 11th+12th?"

it's not a slamdunk yes, but i would.

last year the 11th and 12th picks in my money league were Fred Taylor and Jamal Lewis....1st pick was Shaun Alexander....now ask yourself..would you trade the first pick for the 11th and 12th...

last year the 11th and 12th picks in my money league were Fred Taylor and Jamal Lewis....1st pick was Shaun Alexander....now ask yourself..would you trade the first pick for the 11th and 12th...

i think it's honestly pretty close, but your comparison is a bit too results oriented/skewed. the 4th pick in my league last year was culpepper. and LJ was taken 80th. but i wouldn't try to secure the 80th pick over the 4th this year. :cheers:

make 'em any 2 you want. chad johnson and peyton. caddy and torry holt. lamont jordan and brian westbrook. would you trade larry johnson for any of those combos? it's close. or think about it in terms of positional improvement/loss. if peyton is 60 points better than mcnabb and lj is 90 points better than caddy does the addition of gore make up the difference on his squad? considering that his #2 back is kevin jones it might, especially if he's in a 3rb league.

I would do it.

LJ is all hype. Both tackles are retired. FB Richerdson is in Minn. and off. cord. A. Saunders is in Washington. Of course the team will run the ball under Herm Edwards but not the gaudy numbers everyone thinks.

No matter what anyone says don't trade LJ for this. u r bearly improving at QB but u r loosing lot at RB. last year the only reason I lost in final was because EDJ wan't playing toward the end of the game and Westy got injured. I had Gate, CJ, Fitz (yeah it was amazing trade for fitz before the season started). other guy had TL, JJ , glenn and holt. I had barber and some shitty RBs. and that's the only reason I lost. RBs are the position which decide the championship. and u don't even know for sure if Gore is good or not. he MIGHT have good year. but he is SF. think before ur make this trade. this might decide if u win or loose the championship.

Please look at my question.

I am firmly on the fence on this one. I'm a Chiefs naysayer this year for all of the reasons listed already but it's still the single best fantasy prospect, period.

Ok, I got the answer. I think someone needs to bring more cheese to the table for LJ. Act like an agent, take it public, and let the bidding wars begin. Someone will overpay for LJ and that's when you pull the trigger and get out form under the inevitable - an overhyped '06 campaign for a 1200 yard, 12 TD performance. Okay, so I'm exaggerating...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=230353