Sign in to follow this  
nycbadger

Addai, emerging as "the" back?

Can someone watching the game tell me how Addai looked.

Clearly they're playing a WEAK Houston D.

However was Addai getting the carries when the game was a contest (before it became garbage time)?

Noticed Addai and Rhodes had roughly the same amt of touches (15 or so).

But Addai put up 82 to Rhodes 37

Thanks guys....

Not a big surprize that Addai is catching on. It's a pretty complex system and I think most people figured that Addai would be the back once he gets a better comprehension of the offense.

maybe as a rhodes owner, i should worry? but im not quite yet...

rhodes started.....

addai got his pass for a td...

i worried when they gave addai the ball at the 1 for his 2nd td, but he fumbled it away and didnt get another carry the rest of the 1st half..

he had carries in the 2nd half...garbage time...

i guess hes going to be THE guy eventually..but im hoping his fumble at the 1 scares dungy...rhodes got his in...

its only 1 fumble..but it only takes 1 to start a trend..or scare a coach from a sure thing and a shaky risk..

Addai clearly outshined Rhodes on the field too. He's running with more confidence, running hard and fighting for yards--I'll actually agree with the announcers a bit who said he looked EDGE-esque. And I think it's safe to say Peyton just improved his run looks for the next few games (circa 2005). They could keep rotating him with Rhodes for a bit longer, but it's becoming clear he'll be able to step up when he needs to. A good performance against the Jags should do it.

EDIT: As mentioned it was "garbage time" when he racked up his yards, but I was commenting on how he looked, not much room the Texans D gave him. And my last sentence should read "a good performance against the jags could do it. If he puts up starter numbers in real time I think he's in by week 4, not week 9. But another unfortunate fumble would obviously push that back--the Colts are more than willing ot leave the extra pressure on Manning long enough for Addai to be as ready as they'd like.

Addai is better at everythin IMO. He runs with more power, more speed, and is more decisive than Rhodes. He is also a better receiver and a better blocker. Addai's fumble was unfortunant and came at the end of a nice run. He cut to miss contact in the backfield at the 2 and was powering 3 defenders into the endzone when the combination of a defenders strip and a hit by one of his offensive linemen knocked the ball loose. He did not see a carry the rest of the half, but I believe it was a short term statement more than a long term concern. The colts have a recent history of working there rookies in slowly - freeny wasn't a starter until the middle of the season. Rhodes is simply keeping his spot warm until about mid season. As a colts fan I'm very happy with what I've seen from Addai - I just wish he was on my FF team. The colts have the Titans, Jags, Bengals, and Texans in weeks 13-16. I see three big games for him to end the FF season.

Addai is better at everythin IMO. He runs with more power, more speed, and is more decisive than Rhodes. He is also a better receiver and a better blocker. Addai's fumble was unfortunant and came at the end of a nice run. He cut to miss contact in the backfield at the 2 and was powering 3 defenders into the endzone when the combination of a defenders strip and a hit by one of his offensive linemen knocked the ball loose. He did not see a carry the rest of the half, but I believe it was a short term statement more than a long term concern. The colts have a recent history of working there rookies in slowly - freeny wasn't a starter until the middle of the season. Rhodes is simply keeping his spot warm until about mid season. As a colts fan I'm very happy with what I've seen from Addai - I just wish he was on my FF team. The colts have the Titans, Jags, Bengals, and Texans in weeks 13-16. I see three big games for him to end the FF season.

I hope you are right. It is my only chance.