Sign in to follow this  
HawkeyeFootball

Iowa vs. Ohio State - RESULTS?

Iowa vs. Ohio State - RESULTS???  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be Saturday??

• Ohio State Wins - covers the 7 points
    • Iowa Loses - but covers the 7 points
    • Iowa wins outright...

I almost want to say they're both overrated. There really aren't any dominant teams in NCAA this year. I think Michigan and USC could be dominant, but aren't there yet. OSU is very good and certainly deserving of the #1 rank right now, but Iowa might shock'em.

As an Iowa alum, I've gotta say, my Hawks have not exactly inspired any confidence in me that they deserve a top 15 ranking... I think HC Kirk Ferentz gets a lot of love (mostly deserved). I think Oh State rolls.. 38 - 14

Iowa homer here.......

Just was curious what other people are thinking about

for the game on Saturday. The hype around here is

HUGE!! Do we have a shot??

COMMENTS???

Are you in IC? I may have a ticket but may go up there regardless. I'm sure it'll be a great weekend espicially if our Hawkeyes win-that place will go crazy. I have some friends that have a 20 man sleeper camper and have a big screen TV for those who dont have a tic. Have you been to Kinnick this year, how are the upgrades?

GO HAWKS!!!

I looked at the schedule this spring & there were 3 games that had me worried & the Texas game WASN'T one of them:

Iowa, Mich.State, & Mich.

When you walk around with "BUCKEYES" on the front of yer jersey, you walk around with a bullseye on the back.

Mich - for obvious reasons.....regardless of ranking/record, thats always a good game.

MSU - they play us tuff every time.

Iowa - solid all around & at home? WHOA! makes me a little nervous to be honest.

I looked at the schedule this spring & there were 3 games that had me worried & the Texas game WASN'T one of them:

Iowa, Mich.State, & Mich.

When you walk around with "BUCKEYES" on the front of yer jersey, you walk around with a bullseye on the back.

Mich - for obvious reasons.....regardless of ranking/record, thats always a good game.

MSU - they play us tuff every time.

Iowa - solid all around & at home? WHOA! makes me a little nervous to be honest.

I think its troy vs drew. if drew is on his game, could be a very long night for the bucks. Bucks will need to establish run from get go.

Got a question for Hawkeye homers.

A few years ago I know they put Nile Kinnicks plane that got shot down in front of the stadium, but then took it away because (this is what I heard) they never found Kinnicks body and there was a thought that his body or remains could possibly be in the wreckage?!

Is that true?

Second, is the plane back in front yet?

I'm big on Heisman stuff.....he is one of the most interesting Heisman winners ever.....I would love to go to Kinnick Stadium to see stuff on him!!

Iowa alum here. I think it depends on the health of the Iowa secondary, if they have all their guys on the feild then Iowa can keep it close, if not, then I think Iowa has trouble containing the Ohio State wideouts...

Go Hawks!

Iowa homer here. I don't like our match-up with the buckeye$ this year. Since its at home I give us a 20% chance of pulling the upset. Either way, I'll be at the game and drunk as a skunk.

btw - Kinnick plane was found, but it nor any other plane have been put outside of the stadium. After the 80 million dollar renovations this year they added a bronze Kinnick statue to the new grand entrance.

go hawks :pointstosky:

Iowa alum here. I think OSU has the better team but I can not wait to hear how loud the stadium gets tomorrow night. If Iowa can get off to a good start the crowd will help them dramaticly & we will have chance to pull off the upset.

Rare night game + Game Day + chance to upset #1 team in nation = Best time in Iowa City in a long time!!!

A lot of people are worried about the Hawks performance last week but the team has already said it was hard to get ready for an IL team that looked so bad and after Iowa just beat in state rival ISU, not to mention they were looking ahead to this game. I hope we can pull it off!!!

Got a question for Hawkeye homers.

A few years ago I know they put Nile Kinnicks plane that got shot down in front of the stadium, but then took it away because (this is what I heard) they never found Kinnicks body and there was a thought that his body or remains could possibly be in the wreckage?!

Is that true?

Second, is the plane back in front yet?

I'm big on Heisman stuff.....he is one of the most interesting Heisman winners ever.....I would love to go to Kinnick Stadium to see stuff on him!!

There is/was not a plane in front of the stadium. We just finished renovating and unvealed a huge statue of Nile, but no plane.

I think its troy vs drew. if drew is on his game, could be a very long night for the bucks. Bucks will need to establish run from get go.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Antonio Pittman. He is by far the most underrated player on the team. OSU has had no problem establishing the run this year, the only problem ironically is that Tressel doesn't seem to want to commit to it. Tressel ball would have put PSU away early the other night.

Also, the defense that everyone said was a question mark going into the season has played very well. The front 4 are some of the best in the country and I don't think they will have any problem getting pressure on Tate. He will have to play very well to beat them. I say the Bucks cover.

Ohio State in a semi-romp.

This team has faced a tough crowd at night (Texas) and came away with a resounding win. Faced the toughest defense in the Big Ten (one that totally took Ginn out of the game, and basically limited Troy Smith to one scramble/bomb for a TD) and came out with a solid win.

There are very little holes with this tOSU team. They will win comfortably.

Add to that, Iowa, which looked a little shaky last week in Champaign to a not-so-good Illini team.

Just got the call from my friend...one of the guys that he was going with wants to watch the Nebraska game at a bar and will sell me his ticket for $100. I'm packing a bag! Iowa City is gonna be crazy, I can't wait to get up there.