Sign in to follow this  
Fun Bags

Here's a little trade dilemma...

Start QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DEF - H2H league

I have been offered Jamal Lewis for Doug Gabriel. Normally, I think I take this deal BUT here is the catch... The team offering the trade is playing me this week and is short a WR (he has Chad Johnson on a bye and Matt Jones who is not playing). We only process waivers once per week, and he screwed up the WW move. The WR he wanted was snatched by someone else and he made no provision for an alternate.

So, if I make the deal..I help my opponent for the week. I'd hate to loose the matchup because Gabriel scores a TD or two. It makes sense to leave my opponent shorthanded. I'm 2-2 and struggling...my opponent is in my division and is 0-4. Another loss for him may take a big cut out of any remaining playoff chances. On the other hand, my RB situation is really iffy and Jamal may come in handy down the road.

My Roster

QB - Bulger, Kitna

RB - Alexander (out), McAllister, Droughns, Barlow, Jacobs

WR - Owens, R. Moss, Burress, Mason, Gabriel

TE - McMichael, Johnson

K - Longwell

D - Colts

Opponent's Roster

QB - Brunnell, Vick (bye), Warner

RB - R. Brown, Gore, Parker, Lewis, Morency

WR - C. Johnson (bye), S. Moss, Toomer, Jones (out)

TE - LJ Smith, Witten

K - Akers

D - Dolphins

So...what would you do????

i wouldnt do it. Not only because it helps your opponent, but because i also own Jam.

I get to watch him play every sunday, and he looks really bad. Like a 3rd string RB. 1st and goal on the 2 yard line, they run the ball with Jamal lewis for a 1 yd gain, and pass the rest of the time....... just shows they dont have much faith in Jam as they use too.

Doug Gabriel on the other hand looks better each week, and when you got Tom Brady throwing to him, its a good match.

thx for the insight on my prob.

I don't think he can beat you this week. Make the trade. Also, if the trade expires after sunday make it then or if there is a vote period of so many days or it takes so many days for it to be processed, wait until it won't affect this weeks roster if you can.

from what i hear musa will be getting more and more carries and will eventually start. jam does look awful not sure if its the hip or he just lost it.. so no i would not do the trade. :ninja:

I understand and agree with your rationale, but I would take the trade.

Here is my reasoning...

QB Advantage - YOU

RB Advantage - HIM

WR Advantage - YOU (EVEN IF YOU TRADE- I would take Plaxico and Owens over S. Moss and Gabriel)

TE Advanaage - HIM

K Advantage - BUMP

D Advantage - YOU

By making the trade, you still have the greatest chance of winning. He could play Toomer against you. If he did not have another option, I would definitely stand firm with your rationale. Although it is not very likely, Toomer is capable of matching Gabrile in scoring. You could try offering him Mason, who may be less of a receiver with a bad matchup this week.

Finally, you will be improving the weakest position of your team by adding a starting RB who is difinitely better than Barlow and Jacobs - quite possibly Droughns. This will better position you for the season.

Start QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DEF - H2H league

I have been offered Jamal Lewis for Doug Gabriel. Normally, I think I take this deal BUT here is the catch... The team offering the trade is playing me this week and is short a WR (he has Chad Johnson on a bye and Matt Jones who is not playing). We only process waivers once per week, and he screwed up the WW move. The WR he wanted was snatched by someone else and he made no provision for an alternate.

So, if I make the deal..I help my opponent for the week. I'd hate to loose the matchup because Gabriel scores a TD or two. It makes sense to leave my opponent shorthanded. I'm 2-2 and struggling...my opponent is in my division and is 0-4. Another loss for him may take a big cut out of any remaining playoff chances. On the other hand, my RB situation is really iffy and Jamal may come in handy down the road.

My Roster

QB - Bulger, Kitna

RB - Alexander (out), McAllister, Droughns, Barlow, Jacobs

WR - Owens, R. Moss, Burress, Mason, Gabriel

TE - McMichael, Johnson

K - Longwell

D - Colts

Opponent's Roster

QB - Brunnell, Vick (bye), Warner

RB - R. Brown, Gore, Parker, Lewis, Morency

WR - C. Johnson (bye), S. Moss, Toomer, Jones (out)

TE - LJ Smith, Witten

K - Akers

D - Dolphins

So...what would you do????

Do not make this deal. Never make an iffy trade that may help you long term but definately helps your opponent this week. You could lose and be sitting at 2-3 and regretting the trade.