Sign in to follow this  
robertd52

F it, im gonna trade LJ and Harrison for McNaab and CJ

7 team league with a twist this year. We auction drafted, we have blind bid auction FA pick ups with a 100 dollar salary cap (players salaries are determined by the price you pay to beat the rest of the league out).

Its interesting...we love it so far...and next year were gonna take it back to 10 or 12 again cause others are already wishing they stayed...pus$ies :dunno:

So, we start 1 qb, and 5 "position players" (theres like 8 formations you can use...most common are 2RB3WR, and the ONLY 3RB formation requires you to start only 1WR and 1TE to make your 5 (no 3RB2WR formations...which is challanging).

We give 1PPR as well...just throwing that out there.

Currently im 6-0 and youll see why right here...

MY team currently is:

Hasselbeck (JUST picked him up actually, some other guy dropped him....we have small rosters...adds to the challange...I had vick proir to this week all year).

RB

LJ

Tatum Bell

Westbrook

Mcgahee

WR

Holt

Harrison

Burress

Randy Moss (bought LOW)

TE

Gates

And Gould and Ravens for special teams/D

As you can see, with the emergence of Tatum ive just got too many backs. And being as the ONLY way I can play 3 of my 4 good backs is to sit down either Harrison or Holt....painful indeed.

So then my tinkering ass brain (which explains all the unique rules youve heard of so far) thought....hmm....lets trade LJ :doh:

LJ is my highest paid player obviously, so to trade him and Harrison for McNaab and CJ would leave me with about 20 bucks of cap room (COULD be useful as year wears on....any major injury and id have lots of room to get their backups that next week).

Anyone here actually follow all this BS i typed? :doh: And if so, can anyone come up with any reason for me to NOT trade LJ or Harrison?

Im SURE weve seen the best of McNaab this year, but I do think he will stay around the top. Hasselbeck is a cocnern, cause something tells me he will be up there the rest of the year too, so that pickup makes me drag my feet a little.

Now CJ....I think he will do nothing but go up from here out (not saying much there...!).

Thanks for any input anyone throws out here....even if its just talkin ###### cause your bored on sunday waiting for kickoff!

I'll take you up on the talk ##### part. Please got to the dumbest league ever board. There are alot of guys over there willing to help. 7 teams??????

I'll take you up on the talk ##### part. Please got to the dumbest league ever board. There are alot of guys over there willing to help. 7 teams??????

hey...I hear you....d!ck :unsure:

Seriously, non of us are excited its only 7 teams. We just had 4 of our old guys have to bow out THIS year specifically, and it worked well as we added about 2 to 4 MAJOR rule changes (some of which are salary, auction, FA system, etc) so we are basically running a "test league" this year.

Were on mfl.com....were keepin stats... ;)

But its 50 dollar entry, nothin major, just a little test run with some new stuff.

Plus....dont they say its not the size that matters....? ;) haha

The only ones who say that and mean it are the ones without size :(

haha, those who say that are either a woman.....lying, or a man....believing a womans lies :D