Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Why cant I add Gostkowski for Week 8?

I'm trying to add Gostkowski from FA for Week 8, but Yahoo will only add him for Week 9.

My league is set up for 2 starting kickers. I had Rackers this week and Mare (bye). I'm trying to add Gostkowski and bench Mare, Yahoo won't let me add Gost this week.

What gives?

The only thing I can see is it prevents people from not dropping a player to fill in a bye/injury and hoping they can win w/o that position filled. Then on Monday after looking at scores and seeing they are behind they can't decide to replace that spot off FA too still get a chance to win.....an advantage your opponant doesn't get.

Moral of the story is......Have a player eligable/able to play for each position going INTO the weekend that you can substitute in if needed (game time decision on an injury), if you don't you lose that position out of fairness to the others. If you don't want to lose a player in FA and don't fill a spot, you gamble to NOT lose

I can't add him b/c I just found out the transaction deadline is Sunday at 11.59pm.

There is no logic in limiting the deadline to Sunday night instead of Monday night...is there?

Why restrict picking up Monday night players if you can still pick up Sunday night players?

I tried it out in my yahoo league and I'm seeing the same thing. You're right, it doesn't make any sense. If you are going to allow pickups throughout the day on Sunday, you should be able to pick up players for the monday night game as well. I looked into it a bit more, and the yahoo plus leagues have better handling for this kind of stuff (like a proper waiver wire from Sunday to Tuesday) and I'm going to be switching to that next year. With all the extras (real time stats, buzz index, etc) it seems like a good deal when you split it 12 ways. I've also heard my fantasy league is pretty good too.

I'm actually the commissioner speaking for another player who was trying to add Gostkowski.

I used the commissioner tool to add him and drop a benched player for Week 8. I also let my league know that I will use my authority to do the same for any team wishing to add Monday night players in the future for bye players.

Dumb rule.