Sign in to follow this  
Gravity26

RB Help! Wk 13

RB to Start Week 13  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I start this week?

• Rudi Johnson vs Baltimore
    • Jones Drew vs Miami

Right now i'm stuck in a 3 way split for the last 2 playoff spots. If I win I'm in and if I lose and 1 of the other team wins and beats me by more than 9 pts they would win the tie breaker.

Here is my biggest decision of the week:

Rudi Johnson vs Baltimore (at Cinn)

or

Jones Drew vs Miami (at Miami)

Normally Rudi is my number 1 guy but Baltimore is brutally tough against the run. Rudi scored 12pts in my league against Baltimore IN Baltimore a few weeks ago but they have only given up 2 rushing touchdowns to a RB all year (1 was Rudi).

Jones Drew has been very consistent but Miami is #3 against RBs in league (Balt is #1).

Even worse is that I'm starting Chris Henry and he has Balt Def so tonights game is HUGE if I start Rudi.

1 pt per 5 yards rushing or receiving - 5 pts for a rush td 6 pts for a rec TD.

Any help would be great!!

If Drew was the primary ball handler I'd say him easy, he had a good outing against Buffalo last week and may carry that over to this week. Johnson does have a tough match up, but he won't be splitting any carries. If it were me, I'd roll the dice, leave Johnson in and pray Ray Lewis breaks his leg. Good Luck!

rudi johnson should be effective against the ravens, weatherman is calling for heavy rain tonight in cinci, there is no c. perry coming in on 3rd downs, i can see rudi getting 20-25 carries tonight.

Thanks for mine.

I too have Rudi and am on the bubble about starting him. I have decided not to start him (I am blessed to have three other top options- Gore, Deuce and C. Taylor).

I would have to say in your case, I woudl still start Rudi over MJD. As the previous gents mentioned, the weather will cause both teams to focus on the run and Rudi has been consistant all year. In the rain, the runner has an advantage over the DST as they know how the play will develop and can run accordingly (similar to the advantage a WR has in the snow).