Sign in to follow this  
nicewolf64

Why you never give up until the season is over

to keep my once 2-7 dream alive, I need yet another huge upset, and currently the lower team is up by 15 and the higher team has Delhomme. So I need no long TDs, and low yardage (c'mon give me an old fashioned smash mouth running game). If this game holds, 5 teams will be 6-7, with 4 teams 8-5 or better. That means 2 of us will make the playoffs. Because I hold the highest total points of the 5, IF I win next week, I'm in.

One of the teams did pack it in when he was 3-6. And this week, he left Vandersucks in his lineup and is now losing by 8 with no kicker. Had he pulled this upset, the other team would be 7-6 and still potentially capable of being in a 6 way tie at 7-7 next week. Instead he's won his division.

You just never know in FF how the schedule will play out, so until you are mathimatically eliminated. Play like there is no tomorrow.

We had some similar stories in our league this year too.

The guy that owned Portis, McNabb, Holt and Stallworth broke out to a 7-0 start and was just crushing people. Most of the contests were over before the afternoon games even started. He ended up losing the last six games to barely limp into the playoffs.

Had a lot of balance this year. Going into the last game of the season, all but two teams had a chance at a playoff spot. Tonight's game will decide the final spot and both guys have players in the game. Heck, I think we have parity. :banana:

I've had a roller coaster ride of a season so far

3 straight losses (0-3)

5 straight wins (5-3)

4 straight losses (5-7)

1 win, tied for the 4th playoff spot and winning the tiebreaker since I'm #1 in points (6-7!)

3 players left of the 18 I drafted -- LJ, TO and Crumpler

Last year, 2 of our divisions were decided on the final weekend. I hate when owners abandon their teams, but its a work/friends league, so the commish lets it slide. Only once last year did he say anything and thats when I complained that one owner was playing 2 players that were one IR for at least a week each.

I too, was in a somewhat similar situation being 4-5 then reeling off 4 wins in a row and a chance to win my division. I've seen too many owners give up on their teams too early and it sucks.

If not only for your own potential gain, but for the integrity of the league.

woah, blast from the past, did you used to post on Shoutweb.com?

I've had a roller coaster ride of a season so far

3 straight losses (0-3)

5 straight wins (5-3)

4 straight losses (5-7)

1 win, tied for the 4th playoff spot and winning the tiebreaker since I'm #1 in points (6-7!)

3 players left of the 18 I drafted -- LJ, TO and Crumpler

started 2-6 and was the laughing stock of the league. won 4 in a row, including a win against the division leader. currently one game back; if I win this week, I'll be tied for first (with the best divisional record). Unfortunately my team didn't show up this week and I need about 42 points from Steve Smith. The way I figure it though, my team is a cinderella story as in week 8 I ws already getting trade offers for me to dump all of my good players. Anything can happen. not saying I think I'll win tonight, but Addai did for me last week. If anyone can do it, Steve Smith on Monday night can.

The best team in our league is 13-0, but it's not as if each week is a blowout. It would be only a little surprise if one of the teams that will scramble to get into the playoffs after lousy starts should knock off the undefeated one in the playoffs.

Giving up early because the season starts slowly is bush league.

I run a 10 team league where only the top 4 make the playoffs. Currently the team in 4th place is 6-7. The top 3 teams all came into this week at 8-3. (2 of us likely to lose this week, though)

Even if he loses the last game this week, he has a better than average chance at making the playoffs at 6-8. It'll be the first time in 6 years a team made the postseason without having a winning record.

You never know.

2-5, won 6 straight and currently tied for 1st in my division, with the tie breaker in my favor. A win next week and I win the division.

Really came down to managing my ass off to pick up key waiver wire moves and trading away what seemed like alot to get the right players. In one of my leagues there are teams with only 2 or 3 wins. Yet if you look at thier teams, no key waiver wire players are on those teams. It makes no sence that they are not in posession of players like Colston, cotchery, Betts, Lundy etc. when each week they had first shot at the waiver wire. Looking at the finances for fees, you can see who is working the system. The teams with worse records tend to have the least amount of pickups, go figure.

Last year I was 3-6 heading into week 10....had taken LJ in the 6th round I believe. Won last 5 and came within 2pts of making the superbowl. Best comeback year I have ever had. Never forget that Monday night game where Stover put up 12 pts on me when the team as a whole averaged only 13.15 pts/game until that game against GB....put me out of it all. Would have beat either teams score in the superbowl. Anything can happen in FF....and it usually happens against me. :cheers:

If not only for your own potential gain, but for the integrity of the league.

that's right,and take out a team in contetion and to return next season LARGE :banana:

that's right,and take out a team in contetion and to return next season LARGE :cry:

I'm costing the #2 (10-3) seed the #1 (11-2) spot. I lost to #1, but beat #2 twice. :wall:

I had a pattern early this season....

win 1, lose 2.

at one point I was 2-4.... then 3-4. then 3-5, then a big tie put me at 3-5-1.... I have won my last 3 in a row and am squeaking into the playoffs at 6-5-1.

Last year I had the best team in the league, by far, but got knocked out in the first round by a fluke game. That year I also scored the most points on super bowl weekend, so I would have won.

Maybe this year I can be the guy who wins on a fluke??? It would only be fair!!!! :dunno:

I was 0-7 and with one more win will make playoffs. I was ready to give up but had a stellar team that just wasn't performing yet. Now I'm back baby!!!

I was 0-7 and with one more win will make playoffs. I was ready to give up but had a stellar team that just wasn't performing yet. Now I'm back baby!!!

My problem was a combination of underperforming meeting teams that generated top 3 performances the weeks they played me.

to keep my once 2-7 dream alive, I need yet another huge upset, and currently the lower team is up by 15 and the higher team has Delhomme. So I need no long TDs, and low yardage (c'mon give me an old fashioned smash mouth running game). If this game holds, 5 teams will be 6-7, with 4 teams 8-5 or better. That means 2 of us will make the playoffs. Because I hold the highest total points of the 5, IF I win next week, I'm in.

One of the teams did pack it in when he was 3-6. And this week, he left Vandersucks in his lineup and is now losing by 8 with no kicker. Had he pulled this upset, the other team would be 7-6 and still potentially capable of being in a 6 way tie at 7-7 next week. Instead he's won his division.

You just never know in FF how the schedule will play out, so until you are mathimatically eliminated. Play like there is no tomorrow.

0-3 and now if I win one more game I'm #1 seed in the playoffs. :dunno: