Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

FFB Stress is killin me...was 3-7, now brink of playoffs...

Well?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Can I win, up 15.8 facing Stallworth+Kasay?

• It's a cinch!
    • you're focked!

Having suffered the worst luck ever, as described in a topic here, I had the 3rd highest scoring team in my league and a 3-7 record. The guy in my division at the top had the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league and got lucky in facing every team at their worst, while I allowed more points against than any team in my league.

2 games later, I was 5-7 and he's gone 0-2 to be 6-6.

So this week I needed him to lose while I won, putting us both at 6-7 and me with 340 more points than him.

He lost.

Problem was that my team put up a solidly mediocre performance. I started the Dallas D/ST, which really hurt me in several ways. One, they didn't record a sack, and dropped two easy interceptions. Nor did they run back any kick longer than 33 yds - 40 yd return in this league is 2 points. They finished with 1 point.

What sucked is that they had 7 points until that last Giants drive - which at the time I didn't mind as it shoulda sent the game to OT. There was less than 1:40 on the clock. Well, we all know how that worked out. The yards and points against dropped me down 7 points, and one lowly FF gave me focking 1 point for them. :ninja:

shoulda played Buf against SD for 8 points, or picked up NO (playing SF). Who knew that 7 points would be so vital. Added to that, I started McNair (20) over Vick (24), and FTaylor (8.5) over Lundy (12.6) and Watson fumbled late costing me 2 points. Driver had 4 overthrows/drops in the GB game, and Owens had 2 drops in the DAL game. My bench put up 14 more points than my starting lineup. :banana: Ah well.

Fortunately, my opponent benched ALL of the wrong players, resulting in an even crappier score than me. I was up 22.5, and thought I was dead as he had 3 to play including his QB. Fortunately that QB turned out to be Hasselbeck last night for a whopping 6 points. :o

So here we are, I'm up 15.8, and he has Kasay and Stallworth (Vs CAR). Apparently Stallworth has a bad hammy (no, ya don't say!) and I'm doing a lot of praying today.

Stallworth's done nothing with Garcia under center, and CAR is playing pretty good defense...Kasay has averaged 6 points, and even less over the last few games while CAR's offense has struggled.

Do I have a chance? If I win, I'm in. :banana:

Having suffered the worst luck ever, as described in a topic here, I had the 3rd highest scoring team in my league and a 3-7 record. The guy in my division at the top had the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league and got lucky in facing every team at their worst, while I allowed more points against than any team in my league.

So this week I needed him to lose while I won, putting us both at 6-7 and me with 340 more points than him.

He lost.

Problem was that my team put up a solidly mediocre performance. I started the Dallas D/ST, which really hurt me in several ways. One, they didn't record a sack, and dropped two easy interceptions. Nor did they run back any kick longer than 33 yds - 40 yd return in this league is 2 points. They finished with 1 point.

What sucked is that they had 7 points until that last Giants drive - which at the time I didn't mind as it shoulda sent the game to OT. There was less than 1:40 on the clock. Well, we all know how that worked out. The yards and points against dropped me down 7 points, and one lowly FF gave me focking 1 point for them. :cry:

shoulda played Buf against SD for 8 points, or picked up NO (playing SF). Who knew that 7 points would be so vital. Added to that, I started McNair (20) over Vick (24), and FTaylor (8.5) over Lundy (12.6) and Watson fumbled late costing me 2 points. Driver had 4 overthrows/drops in the GB game, and Owens had 2 drops in the DAL game. My bench put up 14 more points than my starting lineup. :wall: Ah well.

Fortunately, my opponent benched ALL of the wrong players, resulting in an even crappier score than me. I was up 22.5, and thought I was dead as he had 3 to play including his QB. Fortunately that QB turned out to be Hasselbeck last night for a whopping 6 points. :o

So here we are, I'm up 15.8, and he has Kasay and Stallworth (Vs CAR). Apparently Stallworth has a bad hammy (no, ya don't say!) and I'm doing a lot of praying today.

Stallworth's done nothing with Garcia under center, and CAR is playing pretty good defense...Kasay has averaged 6 points, and even less over the last few games while CAR's offense has struggled.

Do I have a chance? If I win, I'm in. :huh:

Carolina will stifle philly tonight. As long as Stallworth doesn't get a TD your fine... If he gets lucky with one...then it will be 50/50 if your 15.5 holds.

Good luck...

P.S. I took my conference and have a bye next week.... :clap:

Good God, man. Nobody cares.

in the time it took you to type this, you could have done something worthwhile or positive in the world.

Instead you spent this effort just to let everyone know that you're a pole smoking feltcher. Congratulations!

:dunno:

Thanks to those who voted/responded other than this d0uche.

How does your scoring work? 1pt for every 10yds (or 0.1 per 1yd) and 6 for a TD?

If Stallworth getting 100yds and TD means you lose then I am not sold on you making the playoffss.

The Panthers can be had through the air so I think you have a 32.5% chance (if the scoring works as I described).

Good luck though - it sucks to not make the playoffs.

in the time it took you to type this, you could have done something worthwhile or positive in the world.

Positive in the world? Give me a break, egomaniac. Add a third option to your blessed poll that says No one gives a sh.t and I guarantee it wins in a landslide.

He lost.

What sucked is that they had 7 points until that last Giants drive - which at the time I didn't mind as it shoulda sent the game to OT. There was less than 1:40 on the clock. Well, we all know how that worked out. The yards and points against dropped me down 7 points, and one lowly FF gave me focking 1 point for them. :pointstosky:

shoulda played Buf against SD for 8 points, or picked up NO (playing SF). Who knew that 7 points would be so vital. Added to that, I started McNair (20) over Vick (24), and FTaylor (8.5) over Lundy (12.6) and Watson fumbled late costing me 2 points. Driver had 4 overthrows/drops in the GB game, and Owens had 2 drops in the DAL game. My bench put up 14 more points than my starting lineup. :banana: Ah well.

Do I have a chance? If I win, I'm in. :banana:

It looks as though I was wrong.... hehehe... Stallworth... 111 yards AND a TD.... hope you have a good season NEXT year.... :D