Sign in to follow this  
JStover24

League Question

Here is the deal with my league which I am beginning to realize is a joke, your feedback would be helpful

Details - 10 man league, 2 keepers (cannot be from same position) It is a head to head league, however the payouts are as follows Winner 30%, Pts leader 25%, 2nd Place 20%, 2nd in pts 10%, 3rd place 5%, 4th place 5%, 3rd in pts 5%. So the potential for 7 different people to get paid out in a ten team league, that is horrible right? Also, points totals end the final week of regular season, I dont buy it, to keep others in hunt for some payout then the points totals should be throughout the season. So the winner of this league is going to bring in around $300 bucks, minus his fees (entry fee and transaction totals for year).

On top of that, lineups lock hour before first game of week - of course now meaning lineups have to be locked by 7:00-7:30pm on Thursdays. In the day of these injury report games being played that can really screw you!!

What are your guys honest thoughts? I need to present some changes to our joke of a commish or look for another league.

If I am wrong let me know. Thanks fellas!!

My 3-man keeper league of 10 has incorporated the playoff format and the guys who don't make the playoffs (4) have a mini playoff for the following years draft choice. So the winner of this mini playoff gets 1st pick, 2nd gets second, ... It definitely keeps the guys into it until week 15.

Week 16 we play a "throw $20 in and winner takes all." (this would be between 6 remaining teams, since there is 1 chamionship game and the other game is playing for 7th or 8th pick overall in the following years draft.)

Week 17 is what I call a Free-4-All, where everyone can pick any lineup they want, winner takes $100. (taken from league dues).

There are various bonuses like top performer, top weekly team points, etc. ($50).

We've had fun with this so far, I'm also interested to hear what others say,

l8r

Here is the deal with my league which I am beginning to realize is a joke, your feedback would be helpful

Details - 10 man league, 2 keepers (cannot be from same position) It is a head to head league, however the payouts are as follows Winner 30%, Pts leader 25%, 2nd Place 20%, 2nd in pts 10%, 3rd place 5%, 4th place 5%, 3rd in pts 5%. So the potential for 7 different people to get paid out in a ten team league, that is horrible right? Also, points totals end the final week of regular season, I dont buy it, to keep others in hunt for some payout then the points totals should be throughout the season. So the winner of this league is going to bring in around $300 bucks, minus his fees (entry fee and transaction totals for year).

On top of that, lineups lock hour before first game of week - of course now meaning lineups have to be locked by 7:00-7:30pm on Thursdays. In the day of these injury report games being played that can really screw you!!

What are your guys honest thoughts? I need to present some changes to our joke of a commish or look for another league.

If I am wrong let me know. Thanks fellas!!

2nd in points gets more money than 3rd and points leader gets more than a team who lost in the title game? That's a joke to me but to each his/her own I guess.

The lineups being in early too is even worse. Basically if someone is questionable and you hear little to nothing all week and the 1st game is Thursday, you run a big risk of getting a zero. Not a league I'd play in but that's just me.

I know, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only person who felt this way as everyone in my league seems to disagree with me, very disappointing. The guys in the league are fun to talk smack with but have no clue what it takes to make a league worthwhile.