Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Offseason discussions/thoughts

Deuce had in my opinion a stellar year after I thought would for sure be a bust coming back from a serious knee injury. Now Bush has definitely stepped in, and Bush too has earned my respect, to split a serious amount of carries. DM ended up with over 10 td's I do believe and a very nice total rushing yards for the year (too lazy to look up exact stats right now). What do you guys think are likely projections, gut feelings, or the ultimate RBBC scenarios for this guy?

1150 rushing yards

0 receiving yards - ok maybe 3 receptions for 22 yards

10 td's

:( - Something to discuss in the slow times.

What is your guess for ADP in a 12 team redraft? 2.11 would be my guess

This year will be similar to last (which was).

Rushing

Deuce McAllister 244 1057 4.3 57 10

Reggie Bush 155 565 3.6 18 6

Receiving

Reggie Bush 88 742 8.4 74 2

Deuce McAllister 30 198 6.6 24 0

Around 1200-1300 yds and 8-10 TD's each.

Best 1-2 punch in the league.

Deuce will be 2 years removed now from his surgeries, which is supposed to be the magic number. So he could be even better.

But I wouldn't count on top 10 RB stats for this year. I just think that defences will be able to scheme better now against NO. Last year was kind of a surprise. So I'd expect their offence to slow down a little, and I expect Reggie to get some more touches. Deuce will still get his, but I don't think he hits last year's numbers. It's more of a hunch than anything really. I had Deuce last year and he was very productive for me, if you picked the right week (which I rarely did).

the saints have a lot of offensive weapons and diversity: they can power run, speed run, short pass, and deep pass. their playcalling under sean payton is outstanding. i like deuce to be effective again, and probably approach 1000 again with at least 8tds, if not 10+ again. he is getting stronger, still has some high stat yrs before he moves into the corey dillon role of the past 2 seasons with sub-800yds while blasting 10+ tds. fantasywise, he is not worthy of a 1st rd pick for sure, maybe a late 2nd if a owner doesnt like what he sees, but most likely a 3rd-4th rdr.

LT/Turner

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Not to take anything away from LT or Turner, but it terms are best duo I'd have to go with Bush and Deuce as well. Turner is used more to spell LT that he's used as a duo with him, if that makes any sense.

It seems the Saints run packages and plays specifically for Bush or Deuce, or sometimes have them both in the backfield so you have no clue what's going on. I don't see LT/Turner being used in the same capacity.

Just my 2 cents.

LT/Turner

no way... has to be Dayne/Lundy in HOU - and Kubiak knew it going into the draft last year and that's why he passed on that loser Bush... <_<

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Not to take anything away from LT or Turner, but it terms are best duo I'd have to go with Bush and Deuce as well. Turner is used more to spell LT that he's used as a duo with him, if that makes any sense.

It seems the Saints run packages and plays specifically for Bush or Deuce, or sometimes have them both in the backfield so you have no clue what's going on. I don't see LT/Turner being used in the same capacity.

Just my 2 cents.

Last year against Pittsburgh, the Chargers were have a trouble finding running room so they put LT in at wide receiver and Turner in the backfield. If I remember correctly, that move got their offense started up after a slow start.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind of comes down to how you define the question. If by 1-2 punch you mean an equal spilt of touches, Bush/Duece is probably better.

To me, though, when LT is your first punch, you don't really need much of a second punch. :unsure:

BTW - I think Bush takes over more of the touches this year and Duece fills more of the Turner role.

Kind of comes down to how you define the question. If by 1-2 punch you mean an equal spilt of touches, Bush/Duece is probably better.

To me, though, when LT is your first punch, you don't really need much of a second punch. :shocking:

BTW - I think Bush takes over more of the touches this year and Duece fills more of the Turner role.

How about some stat and adp predictions?

McAlister was very effective last year. I don't think there is any reason to think he won't be in 2007 when he'll be another year removed from surgery. I think if anyone on the Saints is in for a let down, it would be Colston

I can also see Bush being used more as a WR with the loss of Horn and no additions to the WR core...

Bush>DM ADP in any league, ppr would be gravy

Assumption being that in this equation DM is referring to Derrick Mason or Dexter Manley.