Sign in to follow this  
Lionsjunkie

DYNASTY DRAFT

Just so you guys can see what is happening out there...I'm in 6 FF leagues (two dynasties) and I consider this one to be a very knowledgeable group of guys...enjoy..

Here's our first two rounds:

My picks in bold.....starter requirements in bold as well.

QB...Carson Palmer, Tavaris Jackson

RB...Westbrook, Chester Taylor, Lawrence Maroney, Kevin Jones, Garrett Wolfe

WR...Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss, Reggie Williams, Chris Henry, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis

TE....Dallas Clark, Tony Scheffler, Alex Smith

K......Green Akers, Dave Rayner

DEF....Bungles, Bills

16 team Dynasty League.

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 1. A-Team Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.02 2. Wichita Shox Johnson, Calvin DET WR

1.03 3. Redneck Gopher Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

1.04 4. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

1.05 5. Neon Gliders Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

1.06 6. Rhinos Revenge Meachem, Robert NOS WR

1.07 7. Panzer Rats Henry, Chris TEN RB

1.08 8. New Deli Maelstroms Irons, Kenny CIN RB

1.09 9. Rhinos Revenge Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

1.10 10. Beer Farts Bush, Michael OAK RB

1.11 11. Houston Chowdaheads Russell, JaMarcus OAK QB

1.12 12. Jax Pub Crawlers Quinn, Brady CLE QB

1.13 13. Jax Pub Crawlers Rice, Sidney MIN WR

1.14 14. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Davis, Craig SDC WR

1.15 15. Wichita Hitmen Stanton, Drew DET QB

1.16 16. Thibodaux Mookies Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

2.01 17. Curley's Shuffle Hunt, Tony PHI RB

2.02 18. Rhinos Revenge Beck, John MIA QB

2.03 19. Redneck Gopher Olsen, Greg CHI TE

2.04 20. Rancid Doghouse Hill, Jason SFO WR

2.05 21. Neon Gliders Ginn Jr., Ted MIA WR

2.06 22. Houston Chowdaheads Leonard, Brian STL RB

2.07 23. Panzer Rats Miller, Zach OAK TE

2.08 24. New Deli Maelstroms Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

2.09 25. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Wolfe, Garrett CHI RB

2.10 26. Panzer Rats Smith, Troy BAL QB

2.11 27. Rancid Doghouse Smith, Steve NYG WR

2.12 28. Rancid Doghouse Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

2.13 29. Jax Pub Crawlers Pittman, Antonio NOS RB

2.14 30. Black Gryphons Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2.15 31. Wichita Hitmen Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

2.16 32. Thibodaux Mookies Allison, Aundrae MIN WR

I'm curious as to why everyone seems to like Bowe over Meachem?

Seems like just because he was picked higher? I don't know.

Meachem has the better QB.

Meachem has the better offensive minded coach.

Meachem has the higher powered offense.

The Saints are on the rise, while the Chiefs are on the decline.

Yes Bowe might have less people to share balls with, but you can counter that with Meachem isn't going to be going up against #1 corners all year.

And yes Meachem will start opening day. No competition. Devery might not even make the team, and Terrance Copper, well he is Terrance Copper.

Colston and Meachem are locks to start.

There just aren't many 1-2 punches in the NFL where both guys are worth a #1 WR spot on a Fantasy team. Colston is already the #1 guy for the Saints. Bowe could be the guy for KC. Do you think Meachem will be the top WR in New Orleans?

I have a feeling some owners like myself that already have Colston are taking Bowe over Meachem for that reason alone. I actually like Bowe better as a wr but an arguement could be made either way. I won't be surprised if someone comes out of no where to be the #2 wr behind CJ. Happens all the time.

There just aren't many 1-2 punches in the NFL where both guys are worth a #1 WR spot on a Fantasy team. Colston is already the #1 guy for the Saints. Bowe could be the guy for KC. Do you think Meachem will be the top WR in New Orleans?

In short, yes I do think that Meachem will be the #1. Maybe not this year, but for a Dynasty league draft, then yes.

Colston, as great as he was, still is no where near as talented as Meachem.

Yes it still has to translate onto the field for Meachem, but I think he is in a perfect situation.

The Saints offense is going to be on par with Indy fairly soon, and you are going to want to get in on that situation now, if you are in a dynasty league.

And yes, Saints homer here, but that's just the way I see it.

Bowe has a shot at being an instant sucess....he should be one of the two starting wide-outs in KC whereas Meachem has loads of talent around him.

It'll be tough to be the go to guy in N.O with the likes of Deuce, Bush, Colston & Henderson all on the field together.

Fock, Bowe may very well be the guy that gets the first look on passing plays, huge target with very little competition.

I contemplated between Bowe & Jarrett...Meachem wasn't even on my radar.

The general assumption I have seen on a couple boards is that Bowe is the pick, because there are no WRs in KC.

I disagree with the simple assumption that Bowe's the #1 in KC "just because". He's going to a run-run-pass offense that is starting to crumble. Their last three starting LTs have retired in the last year, or been allowed to leave (Jordan Black). Wellburn is a steroid monger who is one test from a year suspension, and is a significant retirement risk. The true core of the team, the OL has but two of the five core players remaining. This is not a situation designed for success. Herm Edwards is an aweful influence on offenses. They are going to start a very big risk in 2nd year QB Brody Croyle, Larry Johnson is seriously considering a TC holdout, and the only other receiving threat is an aging Tony Gonzales.

What about Robert Meachem? Meachem has the right character type to excel in the NFL. His production on a very inconsistent Vols team highlights his ability to carry the load. He goes into a situation where there are three legitimate receiving options already established in Colston, Henderson, and Reggie Bush. Henderson has always had the image of a #3WR to me, and I see Meachem pushing him back to that role.

What makes Colston a #1? Is he truly a special WR talent? Hard to say. What makes everyone so confident that he can be a #1, and match up against #1 CBs each week? His emergence was that of a #3 who burnt some halfass nicklebacks, and as he became a primary option, his weekly matchups got tougher, and his productivity decreased. So what really makes him into a true #1 WR that no one can compete with him as the primary receiving option?

Teams that have 22 year old #1 WRs and are happy with their WR corps in general don't spend 1st rounders on WRs. There was excellent 2nd round value at WR for New Orleans to have taken a player at a position they could have better used, such as Poz, Branch, or an impact Defender over another WR for Brees.

Meachem will be a week 1 starter, and IMO is the pick between Bowe and Meachem based on comparable ability and superior opportunity.

Meachem will be a week 1 starter, and IMO is the pick between Bowe and Meachem based on comparable ability and superior opportunity.

We shall see....on a side note, the Chiefs are my AFC team....maybe a little bias went into the pick, but it was a pick that was gonna be between one of the Dwayne's, not Meachem.

Anyhow...here's the 3rd round.

3.01 33. A-Team Johnson, Eric NOS TE

3.02 34. Rancid Doghouse Edwards, Trent BUF QB

3.03 35. Rancid Doghouse Darby, Kenneth TBB RB

3.04 36. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Hairston, Justise NEP RB

3.05 37. Neon Gliders Williams, Paul TEN WR

3.06 38. Redneck Gopher Wright, Dwayne BUF RB

3.07 39. Redneck Gopher Walker, Mike JAC WR

3.08 40. A-Team Young, Selvin FA RB

3.09 41. Rancid Doghouse Higgins, Johnnie Lee OAK WR

3.10 42. Beer Farts Smith, Kolby KCC RB

3.11 43. Wichita Shox Robinson, Laurent ATL WR

3.12 44. Curley's Shuffle Figurs, Yamon BAL WR

3.13 45. Jax Pub Crawlers Jones, James GBP WR

3.14 46. A-Team Dorsey, DeDe IND RB

3.15 47. Wichita Hitmen Davis, Chris TEN WR

3.16 48. Thibodaux Mookies Gaines, Michael CAR TE

We shall see....on a side note, the Chiefs are my AFC team....maybe a little bias went into the pick, but it was a pick that was gonna be between one of the Dwayne's, not Meachem.

Anyhow...here's the 3rd round.

3.01 33. A-Team Johnson, Eric NOS TE

3.02 34. Rancid Doghouse Edwards, Trent BUF QB

3.03 35. Rancid Doghouse Darby, Kenneth TBB RB

3.04 36. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Hairston, Justise NEP RB

3.05 37. Neon Gliders Williams, Paul TEN WR

3.06 38. Redneck Gopher Wright, Dwayne BUF RB

3.07 39. Redneck Gopher Walker, Mike JAC WR

3.08 40. A-Team Nash, Damien DEN RB

3.09 41. Rancid Doghouse Higgins, Johnnie Lee OAK WR

3.10 42. Beer Farts Smith, Kolby KCC RB

3.11 43. Wichita Shox Robinson, Laurent ATL WR

3.12 44. Curley's Shuffle Figurs, Yamon BAL WR

3.13 45. Jax Pub Crawlers Jones, James GBP WR

3.14 46. A-Team Dorsey, DeDe IND RB

3.15 47. Wichita Hitmen Davis, Chris TEN WR

3.16 48. Thibodaux Mookies Gaines, Michael CAR TE

wow, someone actually picked Damien Nash? Did he not do any research at all?

De De probably should have been picked much higher

wow, someone actually picked Damien Nash? Did he not do any research at all?

De De probably should have been picked much higher

Edited....that pick was undrafted FA Selvin Young who was not available at MFL....

In short, yes I do think that Meachem will be the #1. Maybe not this year, but for a Dynasty league draft, then yes.

Colston, as great as he was, still is no where near as talented as Meachem.

Yes it still has to translate onto the field for Meachem, but I think he is in a perfect situation.

The Saints offense is going to be on par with Indy fairly soon, and you are going to want to get in on that situation now, if you are in a dynasty league.

And yes, Saints homer here, but that's just the way I see it.

I hope you are not letting your entire league know about your Meachem man luv. :bench:

I hope you are not letting your entire league know about your Meachem man luv. :lol:

Man love...yeah.

I'm not even in a "dynasty" league.

Just giving my personal opinion between Bowe and Meachem.

I'm a fan of both, honestly. I've watched Bowe for years at LSU, and now I get to root for Meachem since he was drafted by my Saints.

So no bias, man love, or whatever else you would like to call it over here---just an honest opinion.

The general assumption I have seen on a couple boards is that Bowe is the pick, because there are no WRs in KC.

I disagree with the simple assumption that Bowe's the #1 in KC "just because". He's going to a run-run-pass offense that is starting to crumble. Their last three starting LTs have retired in the last year, or been allowed to leave (Jordan Black). Wellburn is a steroid monger who is one test from a year suspension, and is a significant retirement risk. The true core of the team, the OL has but two of the five core players remaining. This is not a situation designed for success. Herm Edwards is an aweful influence on offenses. They are going to start a very big risk in 2nd year QB Brody Croyle, Larry Johnson is seriously considering a TC holdout, and the only other receiving threat is an aging Tony Gonzales.

What about Robert Meachem? Meachem has the right character type to excel in the NFL. His production on a very inconsistent Vols team highlights his ability to carry the load. He goes into a situation where there are three legitimate receiving options already established in Colston, Henderson, and Reggie Bush. Henderson has always had the image of a #3WR to me, and I see Meachem pushing him back to that role.

What makes Colston a #1? Is he truly a special WR talent? Hard to say. What makes everyone so confident that he can be a #1, and match up against #1 CBs each week? His emergence was that of a #3 who burnt some halfass nicklebacks, and as he became a primary option, his weekly matchups got tougher, and his productivity decreased. So what really makes him into a true #1 WR that no one can compete with him as the primary receiving option?

Teams that have 22 year old #1 WRs and are happy with their WR corps in general don't spend 1st rounders on WRs. There was excellent 2nd round value at WR for New Orleans to have taken a player at a position they could have better used, such as Poz, Branch, or an impact Defender over another WR for Brees.

The flip side to that coin is that Meachem is likely to see far fewer passes because they have Bush, Colston, Hendersen, etc.

Bowe may very well be covered by a #1 CB, but the chances that he gets a few more passes thrown his way is probably a little better.

Defenses knew plenty of Colston after week 3...

week 08 - 6 / 163 / 2

week 09 - 11 / 123 / 1

week 10 - 10 / 169 / 0

By week 8, defensive coordinators were plenty aware of "that Yahoo fantasy football TE who really plays WR for the Saints" and he was hardly getting those halfass nicklebacks then, if ever. I thought of it more as a take-your-pick with Horn or Colston that led to a lot of Colston's good looks, but I think to call him a #3 is a bit of an understatement. His production seemed to drop off when he got dinged up... jmho. Prior to the injury it seemed he was getting tons of targets from Brees, catching anything thrown his way, and he is a beast of a redzone target -- We shall see if Meachem will unseat him as Brees' favorite target; for some reason, I'm doubtful though. (Goes back to me believing that Brees has an affinity for throwing to this big target from his Gates comfort zone that he developed in SD)

I do like the turn that the Saints offense has taken though, no doubt.

i would take meachem. He's on a high powered offense that has proven that more than 1 wr can be successful. KC's offense is run first and has shown that 0 wr's can be successful - not to mention, the future of the qb position is in question.

I am sorry, but Colston was the starter opposite Horn in week 1. There is nothing true about this statement. Colston's numbers didn't start to decline until after his injury. He had plenty of matchups against #1 CB fairly early because Horn went down.