Sign in to follow this  
unckeyherb

Keeper league, does it make sense to trade up to #1

I am in a 12-team, two person keeper league. Standard scoring, no PPR. We can keep any two for as long as we want, with no penalty.

I will be keeping Addai and either CJ or SSmith. I am currently picking from the #4 spot. I have done some quick analysis of the other teams to try and figure out their keepers. The guy with SA has Sjax and Maroney and has let it slip that he may actually keep Maroney over SA, as a long term investment. Basically from what I can gather, the RB's that will still be out there at the beginning of the draft will be (in rough order), one of SA or Maroney, Thomas Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Caddy. The three guys in front of me all need a RB. Therefore, best case scenario, I am looking at a combo at RB of Addai and Lynch, or Addai and Caddy. My question is, should I throw whatever I can at the guy with the first pick, (he is prolly going to keep Peyton and Edge.) and try to trade our first picks so I can lock in Maroney or SA? I feel like that is the smart move, just wondering what I should offer.

I was thinking of swapping first picks and giving him my second. I think he should go for that and I feel somewhat comfortable doing this, knowing that I will have RBs of Addai and Maroney/SA and my WR1 would be SSmith.

What do yall think?