Sign in to follow this  
hoffdaddy

Brandon Jackson lining up at fullback

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=639355

Switching places

Rookie running back Brandon Jackson found himself in an unfamiliar position during practice - fullback.

The Packers' second-round pick is supposed to be competing with Vernand Morency for the starting halfback job, and he is. But McCarthy wants to develop diversity with his running backs and thinks there will be times when he can use two running backs in the same backfield.

Thus, Jackson lined up in front of Morency on several plays.

"I laughed when they told me to do it," Jackson said. "I was like, 'Hey, whatever it takes, whatever it takes for the team to get better.'"

Asked if he had ever played fullback, Jackson said, "Have I? Yes. In middle school."

Short yardage

Rookie running back DeShawn Wynn was put on the non-football injury list because of illness.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=639355

Switching places

Rookie running back Brandon Jackson found himself in an unfamiliar position during practice - fullback.

The Packers' second-round pick is supposed to be competing with Vernand Morency for the starting halfback job, and he is. But McCarthy wants to develop diversity with his running backs and thinks there will be times when he can use two running backs in the same backfield.

Thus, Jackson lined up in front of Morency on several plays.

"I laughed when they told me to do it," Jackson said. "I was like, 'Hey, whatever it takes, whatever it takes for the team to get better.'"

Asked if he had ever played fullback, Jackson said, "Have I? Yes. In middle school."

Short yardage

Rookie running back DeShawn Wynn was put on the non-football injury list because of illness.

They may be doing this so they can throw to Jackson out of the backfield. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't McCarthy throwing heaps of praise at Brandon for being a great receiver out of the backfield? If that is the case, this would give the offense a new dimension. Lord knows they need it.