Sign in to follow this  
jcb7b

8th Pick in an 8 man League

hey guys, im new here to the forum,but have played espn for almost 8 years, and i have used this site for the past 3.

Im in a league at work where i have the 8th pick out of 8. We use QB 2RB 3WR TE K D. You get 1 point per catch, 1 pt per 5 carries, 1 point per 5 completions, and standard stuff like 1 pt per 10 yards and 6 pts per TD.

I am hearing rumblings all around about who everyone is grabbing, but i dont know if they are bluffing or playing straight.

It looks like LT/Jackson/LJ/Westbrook/Gore with be gone for sure. That will leave me with Addai/Bush/Alexander/Parker to pick from. I could also Take Manning or a WR.

Now in the last 2 seasons, 13 rb's have been selected after the 1st 3 rounds. BY my rankings, compiled off many websites and my own thoughts, this would mean that I could land a ronnie brown rudi johnson maroney willis or drew at rd 3, should i take Manning. However, since we start 3WR, a premium will be on them, and i will prolly wind up with the 5th or 6th best option at WR with my 3rd or 4th snake pick. If i went RB/RB, that would mean i could nab 2 stud WR in round 3 and 4. If i go RB/Manning, I would for sure go with an RB and WR in 3/4. MY #2 WR i would not be able to draft until the last pick of round 5, and by then it could be slim.

Also, by taking Manning, there is a chance that if everyone takes 2RB in the 1st 3 rounds, i could be stuck with say thomas jones benson or deuce as my #2, and I dont want that.]

So what do i do, Manning/RB, RB/RB? or the least popular, RB/best WR?

thanks alot fellas

Odds are Manning and Alexander will be gone by 8th, if not you have a very generous and mis-led bunch. SA and Peyton are going around 4-5 in my drafts so I would see whos there, if they both are TAKE, if not check the options. Look at the variation from the 2nd QB (such as Brees, Brady or Palmer) as compared to the 6th or 7th QB. Since you only play one odds are that the QBs after Manning will do alright for you. You would be ahead of the game taking 2 REALLY good RBs when most have one good and one decent RB. Also, in an 8 man league you will get a chance to take decent talent at WR and QB in the 3rd round.

But again if PM and SA are there then please take

1 LT

2 Jackson

3 LJ

4 Says Parker, call his bluff, he is goin Gore

5 Says Westbrook, unless Gore is there

6 Westbrook, if gone he wants Henry or Willis(we live in buffalo heh). he doesnt like Shaun

7 Does not like Shaun....takes Addai or Bush i bet

8 Me, hoping to get Addai Bush or Shaun. Could be stuck at the alter with Parker

I wouldn't take Manning, you can pick up two decent RBs and grab Brees or Brady in the third. In most mock drafts I have seen SA is off the board at 6 or 7 and Manning goes between 10 and 16. I don`t think that the guy at 6 or 7 will pass Addai, he ususally goes between 5 and 7.

I'd go FWP and Rudi / Bush / Maroney in this order, with your first two picks and than if Palmer, Brees or Brady are available otherwise I'd go here with WR.

My $0,02

First of all, most drafts I've seen have Manning going around 11th or 12th, I just can't possibly see taking him in the Top 5 or even 10 as far as I'm concerned. With only 8 teams you should be able to still get a good QB. If you can get Addai and Bush in a points per reception league that is one hell of a combo. I wouldn't even think about it and take those two if they are there. They both are better picks than Alexander in a points per reception league IMO. Bush will catch 60+ more passes than Alexander will. So unless you think SA gets back to 1800 and 20 this year, I like Bush better.

Again just my opinion, but in ppr league I'd rank the top 10 RB's in this order.....LT, SJax, LJ, Gore, Addai, Westbrook, Bush, Alexander, Parker, Rudi.

thanks guys looks like i'll go bush and whoever is there btwn addai alexander parker, in that order