Sign in to follow this  
Sux2butoo

Young/Javon Walker for Housh/Kitna

Thinking of making this trade. I took Vince, he took Kitna. Then he took Housh and I took Walker. This an even trade? Or should I sub one of my other WRs like C Chambers, B Edwards or J Galloway? Thanks

I personally wouldn't think twice about making that trade, but I personally put Young in much lower regards than most people. I like Kitna better than Young and I like Housh better than Javon, so to me, you'd be making 2 upgrades with that trade. I just don't think Young is a good QB at all. He's fun to watch, but in general, run-based QBs have little success as QBs compared with those that can throw lots of TDs. They're just too 1-dimensional. Kitna's got alot of weapons, I like him this year. I think there's some team concerns for Javon and I think Housh is reliable for his share of TDs so I like him better.

My 2 cents.

I personally wouldn't think twice about making that trade, but I personally put Young in much lower regards than most people. I like Kitna better than Young and I like Housh better than Javon, so to me, you'd be making 2 upgrades with that trade. I just don't think Young is a good QB at all. He's fun to watch, but in general, run-based QBs have little success as QBs compared with those that can throw lots of TDs. They're just too 1-dimensional. Kitna's got alot of weapons, I like him this year. I think there's some team concerns for Javon and I think Housh is reliable for his share of TDs so I like him better.

My 2 cents.

Vick was the #4 fantasy QB last year. Vince Young was the #2 fantasy QB in the second half of last year. I wouldn't automatically say that "running" QB's are less successful than QB's that throw a lot. In terms of fantasy, rushing yards count, and count a lot. So do 6 point TD's rushing over 4 point TD's passing in some leagues. Granted Vince lost some of his weapons, but I still think he can be very successful this year. He is already a better passer than Vick is, and I think he is a much better leader too. I don't like Jon Kitna much because he just makes too many dumb mistakes. 30+ turnovers last year is a lot, and a lot of the leagues I'm in give pretty heavy penalties for turnovers. Therefore I like Vince Young better, I think he finishes top 10 among QB's this year.

If this is a PPR league then I like Housh better as he will catch more balls than Walker. Walker should get more yards and TD's could be close. These two are pretty close overall, Id lean towards Housh. Overall I'd stay put with VY/Walker.

Vick was the #4 fantasy QB last year. Vince Young was the #2 fantasy QB in the second half of last year. I wouldn't automatically say that "running" QB's are less successful than QB's that throw a lot. In terms of fantasy, rushing yards count, and count a lot. So do 6 point TD's rushing over 4 point TD's passing in some leagues. Granted Vince lost some of his weapons, but I still think he can be very successful this year. He is already a better passer than Vick is, and I think he is a much better leader too. I don't like Jon Kitna much because he just makes too many dumb mistakes. 30+ turnovers last year is a lot, and a lot of the leagues I'm in give pretty heavy penalties for turnovers. Therefore I like Vince Young better, I think he finishes top 10 among QB's this year.

If this is a PPR league then I like Housh better as he will catch more balls than Walker. Walker should get more yards and TD's could be close. These two are pretty close overall, Id lean towards Housh. Overall I'd stay put with VY/Walker.

But over his career, Vick's performance has been all over the map. I guess my point is that I think "running" QB's are a little more unpredictable in how they're going to score from one week to the next. Defenses can prepare for them and it takes a number of variables to come together to even get them in a situation where they'll have the option of running for a TD. I realize most people value Young more than I do, but I'm reluctant to value him highly. He doesn't have alot of weapons around him and Kitna does, especially with Calvin Johnson now to complement Roy W. He does make mistakes but I think will improve in that area and has a higher ceiling for acheivement this year.

Housh I just think is in a better situation for success. Lots of yards and teams worry about CJ and Rudi near the goalline, providing Housh plenty of chances for TD's. Walker is in a run-dominated offense with a less exceptional QB. I still like both Housh and Kitna better than the alternative.